Group Drum Buy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure if Kahr, or some other company knew for certain that their investment would pay off they would produce a C drum.

For the cost of tooling up and not knowing how long the window of opportunity will remain open it would be a risky expenditure.

Perhaps a group buy of say 1000 at 600 to 700 per unit might at least make them think about it.

Grey Crow- right there with you but I have a feeling we will have to do without- I will go for 3 'c' drums, now we need some more takers

Probably do 500 right here or near that and one SAR and KCR show make up the 1000.

Mark

Hi Paul,

I haven't been reading the Board lately (working late), so didn't know about the

group buy vote. If you ARE keeping tabs on who wants in on the deal,

please notate me as wanting 2 of them. And thanks again for your time in working on this.

Incidentally, I'd like to sell either (but not both) my NY address (painted black by the British for N. Africa, I think) or my Bridgeport L drum to whoever wants it most, in case anyone is interested. Both work perfectly, and in great condition--hardly used--I don't get out to the range hardly ever. And I live only a 25 min. drive from Knob Creek Range. (I also grew up less than an hour from the Statue of Liberty, and only went once, when I was a kid.) Go figure.

I'd want a FAIR price for whichever one I sell, not some outragious price, but what the market will bear (or is it bare?).

Interesting..I sold a NY Addressed "L" Drum years ago that I painted black! I used the British Sten Gun Paint to do it..I picked the Drum up for $100.00 with no finish remaining, but the internals looked good. Sold it for $300.00 to a fellow out in Mississippi.

Voted on your group buy of "L" drums but don't see my reply listed, also requested purchase of two or three drums if price in projected cost. You mentioned about 200.00 to 250.00. Would like to be counted in if not to late.

Thanks

Merle is buying some just for that purpose, you should be able to get one all set directly from him. I hope he will chime in here and answer your question. No sense both of us trying to cover to much of the same territory.

All dissemination of information will be here on the board; no email will be sent, no lists are being kept.

Keep your eye on the board.

QUOTE (philasteen @ Oct 4 2004, 07:06 PM)
Not to be the pessimist, but I'm worried about the timing. With Kerry and Bush even in the polls, it's 50:50 we'll have a new AWB in January . . .

Not a chance. kerry can't make law, he can only sign in what Congress sends him.

Unless both House and senate change hands, it will not happen. I see Kerry, emboldened by his debate showing, is now promising a new AWB, with no *loopholes*. Thats will cost him, as the phony duck hunter image has been stripped bare.

Doug

QUOTE (AZDoug @ Oct 5 2004, 02:04 AM)
Unless both House and senate change hands, it will not happen. I see Kerry, emboldened by his debate showing, is now promising a new AWB, with no *loopholes*. Thats will cost him, as the phony duck hunter image has been stripped bare.

Doug

I hope you're right but I am preparing for the worst. Don't assume Kerry can't pressure a republican congress to pass a new AWB - there were a lot of crossover votes last time around.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (philasteen @ Oct 5 2004, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (AZDoug @ Oct 5 2004, 02:04 AM)
Unless both House and senate change hands, it will not happen.  I see Kerry, emboldened by his debate showing, is now promising a new AWB, with no *loopholes*. Thats will cost him, as the phony duck hunter image has been stripped bare.

Doug

I hope you're right but I am preparing for the worst. Don't assume Kerry can't pressure a republican congress to pass a new AWB - there were a lot of crossover votes last time around.

Maybe Kerry can't make laws....but apparently the country is going to stand by and allow Federal Judges act as Kings and decree standing laws and amendments as unconstitutional. With five Supreme Court seats to be filled during the next administration I shudder to think who Kerry could appoint.

Steve