Thompson 1921 barrel ?

A few years ago i found a Thompson spare barrel which i believe is a 1921 barrel as it has no compensator threads, but the ring sight had been removed already. It is in a bad condition but has definitely a different shape that the one shown on the 1921 Thompson on the picture below. Any ideas on this ?

1921.jpg

Are there any markings on it? Back off a little, too if you retake the photo. That picture is hard to look at...

Edited by bug

Looks like the wrong number of fins too - maybe just the angle of the picture but the gun shows the mount bolt on a different fin than the wear on your barrel. JMHO.

I will post some additional pictures. Yes, the number of fins is not the same and that was my question. I cannot see any markings as it was found in a bad condition and i have cleaned it up. The Thompson on the picture is a 1921 french contract with Bertier sling swivels.

• 5 years later...

The texture of the machining says homebuilt job, possibly on a M1 barrel, which maybe also removed any proof markings.

If this was a M1, the straight front shank, extending back to the first fin, removing any original taper, is also a sign of home shop work.

Would have to assume whoever did the work didn't have an original finned barrel for reference.

Edited by mnshooter