5-cell Ammo Pouch

Anyone here have a line on a good place to get an AFFORDABLE repro 5-cell Thompson ammo pouch? I can get originals all day long between 75 and a 100 bucks...but I need a cheaper repro one for reenacting, something around 20 to 30 bucks (if, indeed, such a thing exists)...

Rob

QUOTE (ghostsoldier @ Dec 16 2005, 01:48 PM)
Anyone here have a line on a good place to get an AFFORDABLE repro 5-cell Thompson ammo pouch? I can get originals all day long between 75 and a 100 bucks...but I need a cheaper repro one for reenacting, something around 20 to 30 bucks (if, indeed, such a thing exists)...
Rob

MY GOD MAN! buy the original for $75.00 { i sold them for that} was it greed?? and after you use it fora few year's get it dirty have a tear and bullet hole through it.{sorry blank's,} ah a powder burn instead. you can post it for sale... maybe even right here on this board..

FOR SALE original ww2 pouch used only a few time's to reinact battle of bulge.attack of stalingrad.and retreat from berlin.has a few stain's powder burn's, and slight mustard stain on back..could not be dated if original stain from ww2, and mag's not included> price $1,453.00 if mag's included another $345.89 and don't forget another $112.34 for shipping and ins. and handling.....

it's money well spent in the long run..a repro however can be made up to look worn and beat up also.

so now we have a big choice....all kidding aside buy the original preserve history..and forget the $$$$$

it's all paper anyhow...but history that last's forever!!!!

take care,ron

this in no way endorse's any replica pouch or price rise on original's.. in the future only the rich will own the pouche's. and maybe a kangaroo or two...

Omega has original 5 cell mag pouches for $35 each.

http://www.omega-weapons-systems.com/catalog.htm

Thanks for the responses, fellas. I see that The Sportsman's Guide (PhilOhio's favorite vendor....NOT!) has the 3-cell pouches for 20 bucks...but, I've been told that the 3-cell is a WW2 Marine Corp issue, not Army...Oh well, I guess I'll go with the Cole Distributors 5-cell pouch...looks like my best deal...(Ron...what the hell...maybe I can re-sell this one a few years from now to some Thompson sucker at the prices you were suggesting... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif )!

Rob

Hawk,

Thanks! That's the same auction I had seen before, only I couldn't find it last week...even after I tried "5-cell ammo pouch" , "repro ammo pouch", etc..as search criteria. Go figure! I think I'll give old Keith's product a try...I've already ordered two '43 dated ones from Cole, but at 19.95, that one ain't a bad deal!

Rob