All Thompson Show and Shoot 2018 Dates Aug 3/4

Pictures of Displays for us that could not attend ????? Waiting ??? , Wish I could of attended. Even though I could not attend this year I would like to extend my gratitude and thanks to the Hill family again for opening up their home to all our wonderful members to a Fantastic show of Displays from our members, and the incredible Hill family collection of Thompson Items. The Hill family are incredible gracious host to a wonderful event they have yearly to keep and promote the knowledge and historic values of the Tommy Gun Era alive for decades to come. Thank you to the Hill family and everything you do to keep the history alive.

Sincerely,

Darren

The 2018 All Thompson Show & Shoot sponsored by the Hill family for members of The American Thompson Association and their guests was a great success. 90 plus attendees; lots of Thompson guns and accessories! The displays were fabulous. And the catered dinner Saturday night was suburb. A big thank you to Tracie, Donna, Thomas and Mary Kate for allowing us to have a special weekend at your home. This is a must attend show and shoot for Thompson enthusiasts. I am sure next years event will be just as great so clear your calendars when the 2019 dates are announced.

Show below is a small sample of what you missed during the free shoot...

attachicon.gif 2018 All Thompson Show & Shoot Web2.mov

Great videographer, Tom.

Thanks Tracie, Dona, Mary Kate and Tommy.

Great videographer, Tom.

Thanks Tracie, Dona, Mary Kate and Tommy.

Mike,

Nice work on the camera.

Tom,

Nice work with the "Chopper", holding it on target.

Thanks to the Hill Family for a great time, as always.

One of the best Show and Shoots ! Same goes for the banquet dinner, just awesome. It was great to see many long time friends again. I too noted the new attendees and the younger crowd. Met many new members with revitalized enthusiasm. It's nice to see we have great people to hand over the Thompson Gun caretaker jobs.

Thanks to all and especially the Hill family; more gracious hosts you will not find anywhere.

Chuck

It's easy to hold a camera still. I was very impressed with TD holding all 100 rounds in the center mass of the target. Good shootin' there Tex, uh, I mean Tom. ;)

This was my first ATS&S and I had a great time. I learned a great deal, met interesting folks, saw some awe inspiring displays, and got to shoot a Thompson for the first time in 40 years. I really didn't expect to make it into the 4th round of the steel shoot, but I'll take it. Some special thanks (in no particular order) to hand out to the folks who really made an impression:

• Andrew May - The first guy I saw when I got out of my car at the Hill residence. We ended up talking for 20 minutes in the front yard and several times throughout the weekend. Enjoyed hearing about your collection (especially fondling your MP44), your career and partaking in a bit of your vast knowledge.
  • Sutton Coffman - Though you won't see this (luddite!), you are always a WEALTH of knowledge on just about anything we talk about (even 1940s handcuffs).
  • Tom Davis - Should be given the title "TATA Ambassador" as he is the happiest, friendliest guy in the place. Thanks for the great deal on the patches and my first Thompson though it's only a sad, destroyed trigger frame.
  • Chuck Schauer - Another firehose of Thompson knowledge. Enjoyed the chats at the Granville Inn and I appreciate you putting your finely honed eye on that M1A1.
  • John Lumpp - All around best story teller of the bunch with Mortician Smith following a close second. You should "grow the beard" anyway.
  • Vince Wehner - A nice guy who stopped my climb up the steel shoot ladder. (Who knew how hard TSMG mags are to change under pressure?) Also enjoyed learning all about your Commercial Savage.
  • Frank Ianamico - Good story teller about a sad subject. Your wife/girlfriend was a beautiful lady. Thanks for autographing my book.
  • Robert Segal - This is actually a belated thanks for your WWI Machine Gun presentation from the last OGCA. Was nice to talk with you further.
  • John (and Gina) Kauza - Another newbie like me! And almost a neighbor so we're going shooting sometime. And thanks to Gina for giving me hope of obtaining a TSMG someday.
  • Frank Smith - For a great story on trying not to get shot and getting shot anyway and the whiskey, blood, Krazy Glue and metacarpal wizardry that ensued.
  • Hill Family - What more can I say that hasn't been said above. Thanks so very much.
  • David Albert - A good friend, fellow Rush fan, film aficionado, Chuy's insider, Service Rifle rival and certified Gun Guy. Thanks for inviting me into this band of crazies and for letting me use your flawless West Hurley for the shoots.

And finally congratulations to Chuck Schauer Jr. for winning the steel match. I leave you with the final rung of the ladder for everyone's enjoyment.

Mitch

Edited by mhamm
  • Upvote 1

This was my first ATS&S and I had a great time. I learned a great deal, met interesting folks, saw some awe inspiring displays, and got to shoot a Thompson for the first time in 40 years. I really didn't expect to make it into the 4th round of the steel shoot, but I'll take it. Some special thanks (in no particular order) to hand out to the folks who really made an impression:

• Andrew May - The first guy I saw when I got out of my car at the Hill residence. We ended up talking for 20 minutes in the front yard and several times throughout the weekend. Enjoyed hearing about your collection (especially fondling your MP44), your career and partaking in a bit of your vast knowledge.
  • Sutton Coffman - Though you won't see this (luddite!), you are always a WEALTH of knowledge on just about anything we talk about (even 1940s handcuffs).
  • Tom Davis - Should be given the title "TATA Ambassador" as he is the happiest, friendliest guy in the place. Thanks for the great deal on the patches and my first Thompson though it's only a sad, destroyed trigger frame.
  • Chuck Schauer - Another firehose of Thompson knowledge. Enjoyed the chats at the Granville Inn and I appreciate you putting your finely honed eye on that M1A1.
  • John Lumpp - All around best story teller of the bunch with Mortician Smith following a close second. You should "grow the beard" anyway.
  • Vince Wehner - A nice guy who stopped my climb up the steel shoot ladder. (Who knew how hard TSMG mags are to change under pressure?) Also enjoyed learning all about your Commercial Savage.
  • Frank Ianamico - Good story teller about a sad subject. Your wife/girlfriend was a beautiful lady. Thanks for autographing my book.
  • Robert Segal - This is actually a belated thanks for your WWI Machine Gun presentation from the last OGCA. Was nice to talk with you further.
  • John (and Gina) Kauza - Another newbie like me! And almost a neighbor so we're going shooting sometime. And thanks to Gina for giving me hope of obtaining a TSMG someday.
  • Frank Smith - For a great story on trying not to get shot and getting shot anyway and the whiskey, blood, Krazy Glue and metacarpal wizardry that ensued.
  • Hill Family - What more can I say that hasn't been said above. Thanks so very much.
  • David Albert - A good friend, fellow Rush fan, film aficionado, Chuy's insider, Service Rifle rival and certified Gun Guy. Thanks for inviting me into this band of crazies and for letting me use your flawless West Hurley for the shoots.

And finally congratulations to Chuck Schauer Jr. for winning the steel match. I leave you with the final rung of the ladder for everyone's enjoyment.

Mitch

Mitch,

It was a pleasure meeting and talking with you also. I hope we got you "hooked" and you'll be back next year. Thanks for the kind words and the neat video.

Chuck

• Upvote 1