Sling identification

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help or comments on this. I know theres a lot of either hate or affection for the reising. My grandad used one in the Pacific so I have an attachment to them. I have a military reising with sling loops and recently asked a well respected military memorabilia site if they have a wwii period Riesing sling. They said they did and sent me the attached below. I never asked for pictures as Ive bought high dollar items from this person and didnt feel the need too (my fault). I know this to be a m1 type sling and am aware that some reising users used m1 slings but this Isnt a reising sling to my knowledge as it is not marked with the boyt 43. It measures 45 inches. Could anyone with knowledge shed some light on this sling or confirm that it is a m1 sling and give me a current value...if its worth what I paid or more Ill just keep it I guess.

Edited by MadMuffin89

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9688

Go to the Reising accessory board on this site; scroll down. (Link above)

Pictured is an M1 carbine sling, (which were used on Reisings) but the slings specifically made for the Reising were made with the retaining hardware (snap assy) further apart because the carbine sling kept coming undone. This allowed the use of a second keeper for retention, based on feedback from Marines about the tendency of the lift-the-dot snap to sometimes unsnap.

• 1 month later...