• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 DZelenka

DZelenka

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:13 AM

I mailed one 3/2 and the check posted 3/10, but times have changed?  I may pick up a license in 8 months and resubmit it to clear in a day, because this whole thing has gotten out of hand.  There is no logical reason form 3's clear in a day or two and form 4's are pushing a year?  

Well, with an eForm 3, there is no background check. All they have to do is make sure both licenses are valid and the SOT is paid and they can approve. Also, there is no time wasted mailing something to Oregon and then shipping it ot West Virginia. Beware though, if you get and FFL and SOT, you may have more of a propensity to impulse buy.

Dan

#22 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:37 AM

Form 3s are for trusted people
Form 4s are for unworthy people

I have to submit a paper Form 1 to reactivate a DEWAT machine gun as it cant be done online and it will be a 6-8 month wait.....yet the gun was just transferred to me on a Form 5! Makes no sense at all

#23 DZelenka

DZelenka

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:44 AM

Form 3s are for trusted people
Form 4s are for unworthy people

I have to submit a paper Form 1 to reactivate a DEWAT machine gun as it cant be done online and it will be a 6-8 month wait.....yet the gun was just transferred to me on a Form 5! Makes no sense at all

It's a privilege that costs $500 per year. Seems cheap to me, especially since it gets paid for through profits.

#24 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Old Motorcycles, Sharpes Rifles , Thompson Machine Guns

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

Well this is sort of in the Pandemic time frame...I just got the stamp (form 4 ) on a gun that had the check cashed on 11-22....I also bought another gun,check cashed on 10-7 and still  pending? One gun came out of Michigan and the other (10-7) Florida? 

#25 BPinFL

BPinFL

• Regular Group
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:59 AM

Just got my stamp for a Marlin BAR, Sent November 15 2019, approved May 11. 2020. Came in a large envelope with a computer print out of some sort. 

BP

#26 RogerD

RogerD

• Board Benefactor
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:46 AM

I had a check cashed 6/11/2019 and called last week.  Pending.

#27 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 922 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:14 PM

Looking at NFA Tracker just now there are F4s approved that were pending Dec/Jan. Taking 70-80 days now. Is this a fluke or a new normal?

#28 Hopalong

Hopalong

• Regular Group
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:55 AM

Looking at NFA Tracker just now there are F4s approved that were pending Dec/Jan. Taking 70-80 days now. Is this a fluke or a new normal?

That would be great, if they're getting them done that fast.  I mailed my form 4 application on Friday, June 12; it arrived Monday, June 15; and the fee transaction showed up on my credit card account yesterday.

#29 imageaudio

imageaudio

Long Time Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting WW2 guns, original period literature and memorabilia.

I reload ammo and participate in competitive shooting. I also do very minor gunsmithing.

My primary objective in all things is safety first.

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:34 PM

I received my Stamp and form on June 6 (D-day). Was a fitting day to pick up my M1 Thompson.

Also got a FOIA package in May so someone is definitely still working.