BLACK MASS , the movie

I can't copy & paste this stuff, but a nice trailer on the movie if you Google it. Movie about Whitey Bulger, starring Depp.

Wish someone had a gun or something relating to the whole Bulger legend.

OCM

Edited by OCM

Texas MCG-

Not his personal Thompson, one used by the Manchester PD at the bank robbery of his gang members- I think I've worn out the copy about it in previous posts. A 28N. New people are always coming in, so that's good.

He ( I believe ) outbid me on the Dillinger/Tucson 38 Super, bet the Bulger Thompson just may come up for sale at the release of Black Mass. If it wasn't Depp, like to know who.

Depp is an interesting character actor, this might be a good one. The trailer showed some same type scene from Goodfellas. That's not good.

Any gangster movie is good. Just for the guns & cars if anything- oh yeh da broads too.

OCM

Edited by OCM

There's a 1934 Ford being sold by the Volo Museum (?) that was used in Public Enemies. Not sure what documentation there is. They want about $32k for it.

agree, Hacksaw, should be a dandy.

• 2 weeks later...

Depp is a Kentucky boy, but he's lived in about 20 places when he was a kid, finally ending up in Florida, until he moved to LA. :)

Rob

Edited by ghostsoldier

• 3 weeks later...

Local boy makes good and about 20 mil a picture or something. Be a fun guy to have a few beers with, talk outlaw/gangster/pirate stuff.

OCM

• 3 weeks later...

Depp lives in France now if I recall. Does not like to admit he is from Kentucky, unless it can make him look good. Great actor, but very strange dude.

From what I've seen on TV he owns a place in France and an island in the Bahamas. He has a 30s style yacht that is at the island too.

I've read he got rather interested in the Thompsons from doing the movie, Public Enemies. Also got a bit interested in the whole Dillinger era and I was told had bought some artifacts from the Dillinger family in Martinsville when they went on the auction block.

Dillinger's Great nephew sent me a photo of Depp, himself and Mike Mann at the old Dillinger farm in Mooresville. They were thinking of shooting some of the scenes at the original farm, as the nephew lives there. Can't remember why they didn't. The farm is pretty cool inside, he has been putting it back to as close as he can to what it was like, when the Dillinger clan lived there in the 30s.

Hope the movie makes it out, there had been some issues on financing or something. We'll see.

• 2 months later...

Black Mass hit the theaters today..... Some positive reviews already, but early, like the 2015 NFL season.

Although Brad Pitt would have made a better Dillinger (think Inglorious Basterds), Depp absolutely nailed Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Pathetically, I haven't seen The Rum Diaries yet. Speaking of Hunter S. Thompson and machine guns, look up the Conan O'Brien Hunter S. Thompson interview on YouTube. It's funny as shite.

Agree about Pitt, liked him in The Story of Jesse James thing too. IB was a great movie. Bruce Willis would of been a great Dillinger, YOUNGER.

Never really like the 73 Warren Oates Dillinger thing, a lot did.

OCM

I guess Whitey Bulger didn't think the movie was any good, even before ( and claiming never to) seeing it. Said Johnny Depp should go back playing the Madd Hatter.

Most reviews say Depp did a bang up job. Maybe Depp would trade me my Bulger related 28N for the Dillinger 38 Super- Done deal in my book.