Pictures

DZelenka

never saw a MG 42 up close, are the all this roughly machined? I think they are suppose to be phosphate, and this one looks it, but well worn.

I haven't seen too many myself, but I don't think fine machine work was a hallmark. They are made from a high percentage of stamped parts. The finely machined gun would be the MG 34.

Looks well used, and close to what mine looks like. It maybe a little rougher in some areas and but maybe nicer in other areas. Main thing is that is runs and runs and runs. Mine was around $30k this year when I bought it from a well known dealer with 4 spare Nazi barrels, 2 spare Nazi bolts, a tripod, and 1200 rounds of crap ammo that I sold to collectors of old ammo.

Edited by michaelkih

Further Yugo parts observed:

Booster/flash-hider

Trigger in stripped WWII Waffen marked grip stick

Bolt body. Bolt head appears to be vintage

Bipod

Only Steyr 42s have been observed with the phosphate receiver mixed with blued parts. Not all Steyt receivers were phosphate.

Late war made receivers often were not marked with MG42 by several makers.

Curved piece, trunnion in other words, has matched parts by number, which were mated during machining, and is "ar" marked for Mauser manufacture. Rivet holding trunnion parts together appears to be original or arsenal rework.

Finish looks fair to good, pretty average for many 42s in the US.

Bob Naess

Edited by Black River Militaria CII