Now This Pisses Me Off

Weapons found

As I sit here at my computer, I look out the window at this house. Here in my quiet little town. I did not know he had this in his house. I knew the guy was a little weird, I've only been here at this house for a little over a year now. I did look on the offenders list and did not see his name or the location. And for the cops, maybe $100,000 not $1,000,000 worth of guns. I'm going to try and see what I can do to get some of them.

As one sheriff put it, "This is the largest seizure of these type of weapons in my history with the sheriff's department," one investigator said. " So maybe he wasn't around when the old sheriff was investigated and found $2 million in seized weapons at his house. All taken in police raids.

So, maybe they will update the sex offenders list. Maybe not. Having all the guns is not what bothers me. The fact that this peanut head is a registered sex offender and lived 100 yards from me is.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/soapbox.gif

After the media slant, the guns are far more evil than the sex offender. At least they mentioned that legal ownership of guns was ok. Some articles don't even go into that part.

Sounds like the G Gordon Liddy defense is going to be needed here.... Or maybe the Chewbacca*...... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nutkick.gif On the serious side arms "arms caches" of any size are always big PR items for law enforcement on any level.... They love to line em all out on the table with the tens of thousands rounds of ammo..... To bad the wife owned a unregistered class III weapon..... I'm thinking by the time she gets to court it won't have belonged to her.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cop.gif

*"Why would a Wookie, an eight-foot tall Wookie, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does NOT MAKE SENSE! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does NOT MAKE SENSE! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does NOT MAKE SENSE! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests. "

A large stash of weapons was found

Why is it that a collection is always described as a "stash" ??!!

Unbelievable...

Hey Mike, those creeps are everwhere, we get at least one notification a month letting us know one is moving into our town.

Jeez, they should worry a little more about these guys and less about the "Stash"!

Zamm http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

What if the M16 is legit and he has a form 4 for it?

Will the man be able to sell it (since he can't own it?)

Will the sheriff have it destroyed?

Also, we know the media's ignorance when it comes to firearms- Could there be other NFA guns in the collection? If so, are they registered?

Norm

If there were any registered NFA items in this guys collection at the time of his conviction,the ATF,the POs,etc., would have followed up to make sure they were disposed of properly..much like what happens after a death in the family..they usually advise the heirs how to go about it...so I would be surprized if these F.A.s are legal..jmo... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Its a matter of access and not ownership or title-

If the felon has access and can get to the guns or ammo its a no-no

There have been cases were a felon and non felon are roommates-

The non felon has to either have a safe of which only he has the combination or one of them has to move out- this is a bare minimum and even this will normally not pass muster which is dumb- Even if the felon moved out his friend/ex-roomate could always loan/give him a piece adn we have the same outcome as if he bought it onthe street

In essence the rule solves nothing but only places a small obstacle to the felon obtaingn a firearm and in so doing impinges on the non felons right to associate with felons. hahahahah

Yes Phil it is a bit gray in so far as the weapons may be community property- the name on the form 4 has nada to do with who has an ownership interest in them even though they may not actually possess them- hummm that is pretty gray indeed.

I believe the bright line rule here is at a minimum one would have to be the only holder of the combination to the safe containing the NFA items. This is all that would be required of us. Hard to prove the spouse knows the combo- mine doesn't.

But for the felon situation it really doesn't work well in reality, but its bound to be a situation for some today they way felonies are thrown around.

If a wife went nuts and did a felony it would be a problem for many of us collectors-NFA or otherwise- I think off site storage in a vault would be one answer to keep ones attorneys fees at a minimum as I can see law enforcement taking a real shine to jacking with you. Might not be a real problem for some- wife nutty enough to do a "real" felony (violent act, not white collar type) I wouldn't hang around for long at all.