2 Interesting Thompson Barrels...

This week we have had lots of activity in the warehouse here at Stone Ave.
One thing we located was a box of used Thompson barrels that was in with 1918 BAR stuff.
Take a look at these..dated 1976

131600673_201826008199182_86125734808024

Has anyone run across barrels marked like this?
They both have an attached base for a sling swivel on the left side.

Richard

Edited by APEXgunparts

Since a few people have asked.. these barrels will be listed for sale on GunBroker.
One at a time, sometime after Christmas, when my people who handle that return from vacation.
APEX Gun Parts has had a GunBroker account for a very long time.

Richard

The site on the bottom Barrel resembles a Colt.

Yes, and the barrel fins appear to be rounded like a Colt's. The top barrel seems to have the squared fins of a M1928A1.

YA mean a big demand..i can say this never in tommygun history in the last ten years or so more used pitted or rusted Thompson stuff come out for sale including guns with that tell all pitted dented or rusted mag thrown in for sale..yippee. a fair gun with a nice half blued dented mag.

Was i the idiot offering great guns and all original with a oiler in the stock and manual and a nice new 20 rd blue patent mag with every gun. Or some had a nice original drum included.

The days of the gentleman class sale are mostly gone. Toss it in a freaking box and get it the hell out of here.Or if they do take extra care toss in another 5 grand.

YES 2020 and beyond. a new territory for collectors. Some may remember the days i speak,Sadly hardly anyone left that can still cut a deal like that or wants to.can't wait for the bottom of the ocean dug up 30 rd mags.Hardly used but for some corrosion.

or the best really mint but has restored.Barrel. and missing a part and restored wood that does not match.

The Humor for today RON K.

post-504-0-87767600-1608402477_thumb.gif

Most of the Interarms stuff was not that great when it arrived and got picked over. Never heard what happened to any Thompsons that would be complete that survived and they would be samples anyhow. The only way anything entered the U.S. by direct channels with some form of paperwork would not be transferable unless some paperwork mix up.,I remember Stoners coming in said trans they ended up later post and later pre 86 samples.and a few FN MINIMIS 249 early guns pre 86.witha pair of Mag 58's

After awhile so much history went thru my hands and things i saw it just passed on. Lugers and Mausers tossed in drums by the pound.And Thomspons chopped in barrels and the best of all a complete freaking rail car full of Thompson wood. and another full of M-14 wood and fiberglass complete buttstocks filled to the top and i asked how many are in there?don't know guess? you want them all. Was also offered AR-10 parts and hand guards and stocks the same way from the AIr Force.

crazy and fun times for sure. And that time has ended, you will never see that back again in 2021 or ever. RON K.

YA mean a big demand..i can say this never in tommygun history in the last ten years or so more used pitted or rusted Thompson stuff come out for sale including guns with that tell all pitted dented or rusted mag thrown in for sale..yippee. a fair gun with a nice half blued dented mag.

Was i the idiot offering great guns and all original with a oiler in the stock and manual and a nice new 20 rd blue patent mag with every gun. Or some had a nice original drum included.

The days of the gentleman class sale are mostly gone. Toss it in a freaking box and get it the hell out of here.Or if they do take extra care toss in another 5 grand.

YES 2020 and beyond. a new territory for collectors. Some may remember the days i speak,Sadly hardly anyone left that can still cut a deal like that or wants to.can't wait for the bottom of the ocean dug up 30 rd mags.Hardly used but for some corrosion.

or the best really mint but has restored.Barrel. and missing a part and restored wood that does not match.

The Humor for today RON K.

As old parts dry up and become less available you'll see things from the bottom of the barrel for sale. It would be nice to see plenty of minty gentleman deals around but those sort deals have dried up in almost all areas of firearms collecting.

R/s, Hiller.......................