Vietnamese Copy Of A Thompson Smg

I noticed this one at USMA West Point's museum last weekend. It's a copy of a Thompson produced in a jungle workshop by the Vietnamese.

http://www.uzitalk.com/images/usma/museum/m2_vietnamese_thompson_small.jpg

Click here or on the pic to be taken to the thread on our site. The Vietnamese Thompson photo is the last (so far) post on the second page. I have to warn you that the full size pic is around two megs.

any of you guys want one with paperwork let me know,my buddy just picked one up a few weeks ago.......

and of course he wants the big buck's.........sorry not my cup of tea..........i was glad to be out of there......anyways.....ron

p.s.cookie the board thanks you for pic's........as alot of nice stuff....

Ron,

A bit of history that you might be interested in,

Last week I visited our National Army Museum at our main military base in the central alpine desert at Waiouru to further research Thompson SMG

history for Gordon Herigstag.

A rather interesting piece of information arose that I was not aware of.

Apparently in the late 50's and early 1960's the New Zealand Army "gave" all of their Thompsons (1928A1's) plus drums and spare parts and ammo to the French to assist with their fight against the Viet Nimh (in Vietnam)and therefore there was a heap of thompsons that might have been later captured and used by the Viet Cong.

As these guns were originally purchased from Auto Ord., and not lend lease guns and thus they were not US marked and not NZ army marked.

Trust this might throw some light on your history,

Kind regards

Murray.

murray thanks for the info this is supposed to be a vet nam bringback,with paperwork and some history..sit down for this one.....i was told it was sold for $50,000.00 then i guess they backed out........... i have only seen one in over thirty year's...............and it was my fav.thompson term," a boat anchor"

with redone chu wood................and really if a was a millionhair................i still would not buy one.my opinion only...........

i guess simple need's, simple man,simple thompson's.......simple mind...............i think that was written in the "breakfast klub"movie someplace.......

i now like looking for famous people with thompson's........thats a history in itself.........

maybe the hitler thompson.......heck one of rommel's troopee's fondled them...........

anyhow see ya in dec.at s.a.r.take care,ron

Ron, if your looking for famous people with Thompson's, I'm looking for a copy of Hemingway firing his Thompson in 1930(1-2) off the docks in Bimini. After fishing they would clean the fish at the docks to bring in sharks and Papa would shoot them as they fed. Aaah! If he only knew the shame of it. Aaaaaaahh, if I only knew where that gun was.

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ May 31 2004, 10:00 AM)
Ron, if your looking for famous people with Thompson's, I'm looking for a copy of Hemingway firing his Thompson in 1930(1-2) off the docks in Bimini. After fishing they would clean the fish at the docks to bring in sharks and Papa would shoot them as they fed. Aaah! If he only knew the shame of it. Aaaaaaahh, if I only knew where that gun was.

mike when i get a copy of that i will have one made for you i know who has it.in florida........its just a hassle for the guy to get a copy made and redo it.but i am working on that already..........its a three picture set..........

take care,ron

Thanks Ron, that would be great. The only copies of, or original I don't know, is hanging in the Hemingway room at the Complete Angler in Bimini.

mike: gordon is working on it for me,all this stuff takes time, heck i was lucky to get a pic of the king{presley} holding his 21ac.........i had two of them but sold one to a collector in ill.{well he really wasn't a collector he just wanted the pic......go figure...........}

there are alot of people like that out there.no real appreciation for the stuff........they don't know what to collect or buy............ anyways.......

ron