Thompson Drum Greaser Tool For Sale

I have approval from David for this post.. "As long as it has been tested, and works!". Thank you David.

--------------

There was a member on another forum that was looking for a drum greasing jig, and since I needed to grease up a few of my drums, I decided to redesign a better jig.

What I'm selling is my 5th iteration before I tested it on my drums. I attached a lot of photos to ensure you know what you are going to get. I may make a 6th generation but it would be more of a cosmetic feature.

What I like about my new design is that I have the rubber fittings are attached to the parts, hence no need to deal with loose rubber seals.

The top rubber seal is recessed into the top cap. The bottom rubber seal is captured on the bottom plug.

fo4voE2.jpg?1

If you didn't know, new drums from places like Numrich or Kahr do not come with grease in the rotors. These rotors can not be disassembled so this tool was designed to push grease down the shaft where it disperses within the rotor.

Note that my design is by far not a new concept.. many have been built by other people, but I haven't seen one of these being sold for a long while. Typically I see them made out of a pipe cap.

I have tested the new design on a couple of new Taiwanese aftermarket drums I had in the closet, and it worked flawlessly. There were no leaks on the plug side or cap side. It filled the rotor up with grease, and it leaking out all the areas as expected. Turning the rotor even causes more grease leak out as it compresses within in rotor. Just note that you will have to wipe off grease a few times during use after filling.

You do need to supply your own C-Clamp and a grease gun that will attach to a standard grease fitting. Both of which I believe you can buy from Harbor Freight for cheap if you don't have one. Harbor Freight C Clamp, model 37850/62139, will work with my jig. That is what I'm using in my photos.

Updated Info: Bridgeport28A1 recommended to use a large C-clamp or a deep throat C-clamp so you don't have to disassemble the drum. I believe this C-Clamp from Harbor Freight should work.

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-inch-deep-throat-u-clamp-45916.html">https://www.harborfreight.com/5-inch-deep-throat-u-clamp-45916.html

Price: $70 shipped via USPS Priority Mail

I take check, money order, PayPal (Friends & Family or you pay the fee), Venmo, or Zelle.

PM me on the method you wish to pay.

Bottom View
BRbXWlU.jpg

Clamped.
SGZyCrC.jpg

When properly done, the grease comes out of the small openings.gvDHTlk.jpg?1

O6SL5N9.jpg

Top view after greasingWvPak0S.jpg

Bottom view after greasingpsZdh81.jpg

9UxTkea.jpg

Edited by Ryo
  • Upvote 2

Just wanted to give an update. I have 8 pieces built up, ready to ship. I have 6 pieces waiting for the grease fitting, which I need to pick up from the store (they are holding 15 for me).

I didn't expect so many people needing this kit. I will get them out as fast as I can. I hope you guys are pleased with what I have designed. Thanks.

If you get a larger opening C clamp you don't need to take the rotor out of the drum body.

Ahh.. That would be much easier. No idea why I didn't think of that. I've always done it the hard way since I watched a video on greasing.. and that person took the whole thing apart.

I believe this clamp would work, from Harbor Freights:

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-inch-deep-throat-u-clamp-45916.html

I'm going to stop by and pick one up this week and try it on another drum I have that needs grease.

image_16866.jpg

Edited by Ryo

If you get a larger opening C clamp you don't need to take the rotor out of the drum body.

Ahh.. That would be much easier. No idea why I didn't think of that. I've always done it the hard way since I watched a video on greasing.. and that person took the whole thing apart.

I believe this clamp would work, from Harbor Freights:

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-inch-deep-throat-u-clamp-45916.html

I'm going to stop by and pick one up this week and try it on another drum I have that needs grease.

image_16866.jpg

Yeah this deeper c-clamp from harbor freight works great.

Ron

I think I've bought up all the grease fitting from the stores in the area. LOL.

I definitely have enough for everyone who asked so far.

I've updated everything. I have to drop by the post office to drop off the packages. Sorry for the delay. Had a water heater failure/leak in the garage. Fun stuff. Everything will be in the mail Sunday.

Edited by Ryo

• Ryo changed the title to Thompson Drum Greaser Tool For Sale