Question...

Ok, when it comes to guns I am very stupid(legal wise and hardcore facts), I love them but I have other things that come before my gun love.

anyway, here is where I get the stupid sign on my head.

Why are all the Thompsons I find for sale Semi-Auto?

How do I get a fully auto tommy?

Hi M1, First of all what state do you live in? This is very important, as some states (like mine) prohibit the citizenry from possesing any of these fun toys (ever notice, that practically anything fun, usually gets banned or over regulated!) That just might be the reason that you see the vast preponderance of semi-auto's. Also, since 1986 (due to an overly active Government imagination) the manufacture of newly made machineguns was prohibited for we lowly civilians...But, you can find many full auto Thompsons on the net or the shotgun news etc. I am sure that many of the other board members can help you find some for sale and help to fill in the details.

QUOTE (mp40 @ Jan 7 2004, 02:19 AM)
Hi M1, First of all what state do you live in? This is very important, as some states (like mine) prohibit the citizenry from possesing any of these fun toys (ever notice, that practically anything fun, usually gets banned or over regulated!) That just might be the reason that you see the vast preponderance of semi-auto's. Also, since 1986 (due to an overly active Government imagination) the manufacture of newly made machineguns was prohibited for we lowly civilians...But, you can find many full auto Thompsons on the net or the shotgun news etc. I am sure that many of the other board members can help you find some for sale and help to fill in the details.

I'm in Louisiana.......

HI-

Louisiana is a class 3 state, but state law also requires that the state also approve the incoming transfer. For some reason, not many people in Louisiana know about or have full-auto guns.

So once you locate the NFA gun you want, to bring it into Louisiana (as I understand it - dealer handles paperwork for me) you'll have to find a local dealer and then the out of state dealer must have federal and STATE approval to transfer the gun into Louisiana to the local dealer. He then can transfer it to you after you complete paperwork, get a signature from your local chief law enforcement officer and the feds approve the transfer to you. There is a tax involved. $200 to the federal gov.

These transfers can take months and having to add in time waiting for Louisiana state approval really bites http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif .

Hope my simplistic explanation helps, if any one knows different please correct me.

Michael