Caveat Emptor in the extreme

https://www.armslist.com/posts/9887676/east-texas-texas-nfa-firearms-for-sale--colt-21a

Unregistered user, imprecise location, only one pix and a bargain basement price on a very collectable gun.

What's not to mistrust?

Way, way too many of these "deals" on Armslist lately :unsure:

SR,

You might be right, but on the other hand its not a perfect specimen . Looks like much blue wear on receiver and possible rust and pitting on the barrel.

For such a gun the price isn't ridiculously low.

if you are interested contact the seller, ask for references and see where it goes.

Jim C

It took 10 seconds to find the original advert.

Searched "I bought this gun from Steave Wayman in June of 2006"

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3388-wts-colt-21a-with-orig-amnesty-papers-37000-obo/

Ok, well maybe the same guy advertised in Sturm (2016) and Armslist (2019). At least he leaves an email in the Sturm advert. Easy then to see if its the same guy./

Edited by HHollow

Tracked this guy a while back on a previous MG offered. Has a house that is his licensed premises and an active FFL. Has an acquaintance with active FFL in NC that he claimed had something to do with the gun, but there was no to access this other FFL.

I received a copy of the seller's FFL which was legit. Seller would not send pic of offered MG with his driver's license and FFL in the pic. No further communication.

If Im reading the ad correctly, he wont ship(?) Id think a scammer would avoid a FTF sale.

If I were in the market for a 21, Id insist on flying to Texas to buy it anyway.

No need to have a face to face sale, just sent the payment and the seller will start the paperwork....

I have no knowledge of the seller or the gun, but always encourage people to spend their money safely and wisely. Do the research, check their references and have a solid contact.

Ron

Eric at PWS is a standup guy. I've done at least one MG deal with him years back. I think he supplied one pic and that was all that was needed. His contact info is fairly accessible on the net, though I'm not sure I still have his email I do have the rest on a form. All a buyer would need to do is respond to the ad and make sure it's Eric and the info matches. FTF sales make a lot of sense if your in TX, plenty of buyers and sellers, why mess with an out of state transaction if you don't need to? 30K is probably what a seller would net from an auction house on a gun like that.

Neither of these ads have anything to do with anyone or anything in NC? You may want to switch suppliers of......?

HTH