Found a great place for collector gun insurance

I shopped around and these people are by far the best deal

https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms

They have an NRA discount and also cover certain other collectibles under this policy.

I'm going to have my pinball machine collection bundled and covered as well.

Edited by lightguy

I have used them for years and it covers everything I ship and everything shipped to me

The insurance I save is insane!! And when I ship , i dont insure anymore so I save big time.

Ask for Jack Richardson when you call them.

I know a big time dealer who had $75,000 of guns stolen at a show and after he documented

it they paid off quickly with no hassles

Ron,

Good question to ask them. I would think whether you shoot them or not, they are covered for theft,

loss in shipping, destruction by fire etc. Maybe just not insured against breakage from use if that;s where

you are going.

Ron,

I'd give Jack a call if you have any questions about their coverage. I regularly shoot my covered NFA items. They are covered for all of the things discussed above, just not for any damage caused by firing them. My contract with them states "Latent Defect: This insurance does not apply to loss or damage caused by or resulting from latent defect or any quality with any Historic Firearm, Collectible, and Sporting Arm which causes loss or damage to it." I think Jack will tell you they don't care how much you shoot it, but if a part fails because of shooting, it's not covered by their policy. I hope this helps.

I've been using them for three or four years.

They cover my guns that are displayed a few times a year too.

As always check your values and dates when you get the policy

I've had a few errors that they promptly corrected.

I also bundled some other equipment with the guns and I'm happy.

Ron,

I'd give Jack a call if you have any questions about their coverage. I regularly shoot my covered NFA items. They are covered for all of the things discussed above, just not for any damage caused by firing them. My contract with them states "Latent Defect: This insurance does not apply to loss or damage caused by or resulting from latent defect or any quality with any Historic Firearm, Collectible, and Sporting Arm which causes loss or damage to it." I think Jack will tell you they don't care how much you shoot it, but if a part fails because of shooting, it's not covered by their policy. I hope this helps.

Sounds good. Im currently insured with Collectibles Insurance Co. I had looked into another company Eastern (something) that was partnered with USAA and they said shooting is not incouraged with insured collectibles. It was total BS and not related to damage from shooting. More like, we will insure fine collectibles but your guns need to be locked up and never enjoyed. Looking more at the website it seems it was a different company.

Ill have to check rates with them compared to collectibles.

Thanks

Ron

I'm also with 'Collectibles Insure' , & just paid my yearly bill....For $203,000. bucks coverage for the year, it came to $812. bucks....(about 12 NFA items, many other guns, plus WWII optics & tri-pods)..

….Tonight, I am writing them to add two more machine-guns, that are not in the inventory, for an additional 30k coverage...…….I just wonder if I am doing the right thing.??? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly...I received a letter from Eastern that Jack Richardson passed away.

I received the same letter - didn't know him personally, but he was an absolute gentleman on the phone, and very knowledgeable about NFA items. The letter said Eastern will continue their historic firearms insurance program.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/southofboston-ledger/obituary.aspx?n=john-w-richardson&pid=189814446&fhid=3335

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also with 'Collectibles Insure' , & just paid my yearly bill....For $203,000. bucks coverage for the year, it came to $812. bucks....(about 12 NFA items, many other guns, plus WWII optics & tri-pods)..

….Tonight, I am writing them to add two more machine-guns, that are not in the inventory, for an additional 30k coverage...…….I just wonder if I am doing the right thing.??? :wacko:

I checked out USAA and Collectables.

USAA was crazy expensive.

Collectibles had so many provisions they "didn't need my business".

Eastern went out of their way to insure my 2 guns before a trip. Yes you can travel with and actually USE your collectibles.

They even insured me without all the paperwork ( I needed to send them a copy of my burglar alarm certificate which I got after I returned home).

They insure a certain value and YOU assign what items.

IE guns, posters, pinball machines etc.

At 500K coverage you DO NOT HAVE TO ITEMIZE ("schedule") ANY ITEM LESS THAN 50K. This is BIG !!! Think about it.

However no cars or coins. RATS !!!!

I insured 500K of stuff for about $1200 IIRC.

They have a big price break at 500K and also at cool million.

ALSO they offer a discount for NRA membership which MORE than paid for membership to those money squeezing @#$#%.

I was looking online and it said NRA insurance is $65 per 6500 of insurance which is 1%,.

Regular homeowner rider can vary between 3 and 6% of the collection value

I found this online If you have a gun valued at $3,000, you typically will pay $90 for the annual premium, she says. You'll also be required by your insurer to keep your collectable guns under lock and key. Thats 3 per cent which is a lot!!

I have 1 million in coverage for $1800 with a $200 deductible and it covers guns that are shipped to me so I decline insurance, covers guns that I ship so I dont insure my shipments and if i compute my cost of coverage its just less than 1/5 of 1% or .0018 / Every situation can vary. Burglar alarms, safes, high or low crime areas all come into play.

But they are the best deal!!!

Yes I also looked at NRA insurance.

They were the biggest rip-off of them all.

Call Eastern.

Tell them you are a member of the NRA to get their discount.

Better yet shop everyone else then call Eastern. Ask all the questions not just cost.

Then look at the cost.

At this point Eastern becomes a no-brainer.

Edited by lightguy