IO Stock with Ordnance Mark

I just got an early Winchester M1 (SN 1113xxx) and all the visible parts markings (barrel, L sight, etc.) indicate they are original Winchester parts. The sling well is "I" cut so it is an early stock as well. Once I was able to look in the sling well for markings, however, the stock turned out to be an Inland ("IO" mark), not the Winchester "W." I believe it is also an early stock because, in addition to the "IO," it has the ordnance mark (the flaming bomb).

So here are my questions: Did Winchester use Inland stocks early on? If not, why would an early Winchester have an early Inland stock? Luck of the draw on a broken stock repair?

Thanks for your thoughts

I am of the opinion that the large majority (very large majority) of M1 carbines, and Garands, are pieced together by collectors. So, it could be as simple as the last owner used the only stock he had.

My copies of "War Baby" and "U.S. M1 Carbines, Wartime Production" indicate a Winchester carbine with that serial number would have had a stock marked WRA/GHD, not in a box, when it left Winchester.

Thanks for both replies. I figured it was just a different stock added at some point, but thought I'd ask more knowledgeable folks than myself. I agree that it's pretty amazing it's as untouched as it appears to be.

To add to what has been said, there was a big trend to "correct" Carbines that people got from the CMP. People swapped parts and paid high dollar on the net, to correct their Carbines. This was so bad that some "dealers" would fake parts it get the large dollars for these parts. Most all carbines still in inventory at the end of WWII, were rebuilt using parts that were either update parts of what was on hand. Then there was the Korean and Nam use where they were converted to M2's. The chances of finding a true survivor of WWII is like finding a needle in a hay stack. The last carbine I bought was a Winchester with Underwood parts and an IO stock. It was a Korean rebuild