"c" Drum And '27 = $1100

San Antonio Saxet gun show dealer had a Kahr '27 in the foam lined guitar case as per normal. What caught my eye was the 100 round C drum that comes with it, all for $1100. I asked about the drum because it appeared new and unused. He said it was new production which I doubted. It looked to be a WH with a 2218 serial number stamped on the face in the normal WH configuration. It was well preseved for being better than a decade old. I asked...no drum sale seperate from the gun. Guess I just didn't want spend the money on a drum that I would need to send to Merle. All looked to be unfired, just normal handling marks.

Not sure, but am assuming about $300 to fix the drum.

Now, figure you can easily get $500 for the gun.

You should be able to get a fully functional C Drum for under $1000. That seems pretty good. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

UPDATE;

Ok Boys, I went back today and asked again about the drum. Seems it has been a bad wekend for the dealer, he hasn't sold enough to pay for the tables yet. I walked out with a WH "C" drum that has never had a round in it for $550. The inside is factory pristine with all the assembly grease still clean. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

As a side note, this dealer claims to know of an elderly gentelman that has several original 100 round Thompson drums from the 1930's. He says they are still in original boxes in his safe and that he has been after him for years to part with them. I think I'll be checking back with him from time to time.