Photo
- - - - -

Does Anyone Make 1928 Actuators Into 1921's?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 atc310r

atc310r

• Regular Group
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

I did a quick search on this but found nothing...

I was wondering if there is anyone on the board or perhaps you may know of somebody who will take a commonly available 1928 actuator and mill it into a 1921?

Furthermore, can this be done reliably so as not to bend the actuator in the process of removing all that metal? We all know damn well an actuator with even a slight bend will not allow the bolt to slide...

#2 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2735 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (atc310r @ Sep 9 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did a quick search on this but found nothing...

I was wondering if there is anyone on the board or perhaps you may know of somebody who will take a commonly available 1928 actuator and mill it into a 1921?

Furthermore, can this be done reliably so as not to bend the actuator in the process of removing all that metal? We all know damn well an actuator with even a slight bend will not allow the bolt to slide...

Check the pinned topics section. Paul Krogh (PK) does this and his work is superb!

#3 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2284 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

+1 to what gijive said. PK does excellent work.

Also - Doug Richardson makes the 21 actuator from scratch, perfect and not cheap.

But do NOT buy the Sarco $75 one. I did, a six year old could have milled it out better. they left a very sharp radius and I would never use it in a gun. I had one at TATA for those who were there. Maybe I can get pics up next week when I am home.