Post-War German Geco Flare Guns

Big Al

Does anyone know where I can find a Geco flare gun for less than $90.00? Or has that ship sailed at this point? One like the one in the attached photo.

post-258340-0-09703200-1349048658_thumb.jpg

Edited by Annihilator I

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally got my Geco. Some photos.

Right:

post-258340-0-45148500-1379727016_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big Al

Down the bore from the breach:

post-258340-0-60136800-1379727161_thumb.jpg

Is that discoloration midway down something to be concerned about? Should it be polished out somehow?

Edited by Big Al

• 1 month later...

Still need to know whether to polish out the discoloration out of the bore or not.

Thanks, David. It does appear to be just a stain. There is no active corrosion present in the bore. Just wondering about it.

• 1 month later...
I like this flare gun you bought very much! You said that you were looking for one under $90.00! But you did not mention where you got this Flare Gun, or how much you paid for it? I have been looking for a cheap one of these Geco's for a long time now. A few years back you could pick one up for $35 bucks all day long! Not now though. Does anyone know where I can get a German Geco, flare gun now? The cheaper the better! Let me know. Here is my e-mail to: penguinchick10@live.com Thanx Guys!

It was $51.45 from Numrich Gun Parts Corp. They are not available from there anymore, I am afraid.

• 4 months later...

Big Al,

I have an LP2 like yours and I have found the best bore solvent is regular old Windex glass cleaner on a saturated patch/cleaning rod. The propellant found in most of the 26.5mm flares you can purchase is black powder based. Windex may even remove the powder ring you see midway down your barrel.

Bill

Thanks, AR-50A1. I'll give it a try when I get a suitable cleaning rod.