1927A1 Firing pin pilot will not slide out

On a 1927A1 built in 1984. Once I take out the Recoil guide the firing pin pilot will not slide out of the back of the upper receiver. I am new to this gun and not sure the bolt has ever been removed to clean it.

Every video I can find shows once you remove the recoil guide the Firing pin pilot should just slide out. I tried prying a little on it to get it to move back but did not want to bend anything.

Has anyone seen this or have any advice on how to get it out?

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum and thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks Oldtrooper. I am unable to load a picture but I am not able to get bolt out of the rifle. The long pin at the back of the firing pin spring will not slide out. Sorry I can not post pictures it would be easier and I will keep trying to figure it out.

Thanks Oldtrooper. I am unable to load a picture but I am not able to get bolt out of the rifle. The long pin at the back of the firing pin spring will not slide out. Sorry I can not post pictures it would be easier and I will keep trying to figure it out.

You need to remove the recoil spring guide first .. Push in the pilot pin on the back of your receiver and lift the guide out of the receiver ... The long pin you are talking about (firing pin pilot) will then freely come out

If the spring guide won't come out the hole in the back of the receiver the edges of the hole have probably been peened a little bit. You will have to get creative to apply a little impact... Once it's out, then dress the hole a little bit.

Thank you both. I appreciate the advice and I wanted to confirm I did not have an odd ball model that did not come out that way. Now that you both have confirmed that I will use a little extra force to free it. It will not even slide into the hole a little bit so I am thinking I might try and drive it(with care) from the outside in and try and knock out the bur in the hole.