Savage Production Date>1928a1

#189001.......would this be first 18 months of production...........{came out of old interarms stock in the 60's}>finned,lyman type 3 comp}since how can one figure when it was stamped and made and left the factory??

since i am sure they shipped them as soon as they were ready to go,and i am sure like the colts alot of numbers could be out of sequence,due to problems on the line,mistamping's.bad rec.frame fit,and whatever else that can go wrong on massed rushed production....

so do we guess on about when on the date's.......like aug 41 in that 30 day span???any help on this subject.........

and yes i have frank's book also,along with all the other's......and i can't seem to locate any date info.....take care,ron

Colt21a: All you can do is guess. From the Shipped to US Gov't figures in Frank's book (P-130) you must first subtract the shipped to England, France etc. etc., prior to lend lease (P-127) and make an educated guess. (which may be within a few months)

i figured that's about how it was done,since no one can say for sure what serial number left what table when,except when they recorded the numbers on invoices for shipping.i guess............thanks ron

so what aug 41??or dec 41??