Tsmg "shooter" 1928 Vs. M1

I've got a Savage M1A1 and a Colt '21AC. If I only had one Thompson, it would be a 1928 military model. Best of all worlds. It's got the look of the Colt, but the military heritage of the M1A1. Set up in British pattern is the absolute sexiest (okay, so I'm weird that way). That is the gun that pops into my mind when I hear the song Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. I have fun watching others do it too (shooting Thompsons, that is) http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Waffen Und Bier,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm getting a 1928 A1. I've started the paper work today, and I'm committed. Though I'm still looking for mags & L Drums. Gotta have one.

Owning a 1921 AC has to be nice though. Firing one must be insane. The BSAs are nice also. The world of TSMGs is a great place to be.

Stay Safe,

Johnny

Welcome to the club! Now while the paper is being processed...start stocking up on ammo! You will find it easy to go through 5-10 thousand rounds the first day in the field! Way big http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I was doing 5K a month until I got somethin more hungry...MG42!

I went with the 28 model due to the historic resemblance of what people (and I at the time) believed are Thompsons.

In fact, I was not aware that the M1s were actually Thompsons until I ventured down this path and became somewhat educated.

Mine sits on a wooden stand with a 50 round drum and is a pretty sight. Just staring at it yells HOLD ME, TOUCH ME and SHOOT ME.

Plus there is something about dumping a 50 or 100 round drum. Although some people have modified a 50 round drum for the M1, to me the drums are too expensive to experiment.

If I had the cash, I wouldn't mind owning a M1 either. It just depends on what you are looking for. I believe many of the M1 parts are a bit cheaper to buy. Either model holds its place in history.

JimFromFL,

Thanks for your reply. When I first stared looking at TSMGs I thought I wanted an M1/M1A1. As I started researching and asking questions, it became evident that the 1928 was very appealing (L Drum, actuator location, smooth firing...) Also I found a 1928 that was setup to shoot and the seller was willing to work with and negotiate.

I think I bought a good gun to suit my needs. I really wanted a gun I could shoot reliably in full-auto mode. I agree both designs have a place in history. I'd love to own many TSMGs, but I'll start with the 1928 A1 that I just bought.

Thanks Again,

Johnny