Novel Use Of Ima Barrel Set

It has been suggested to me that a cool Thompson table lamp could be made using one of the IMA sets: www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/products_id/1013

by welding the cut M1928A1 receiver noses onto a base, with the barrel, foregrip etc. making the upright part of the lamp, with the fitting for the bulb replacing the Compensator, and the cord running up the barrel.

Any ideas who might take on such a weird project?

I just thought that to avoid having a sloping lamp, or making a mess by having to make several attempts to get it right someone who had already mastered the skill would make a better looking job of it.

I planed a similar project, just using the 16.5" barrel. Threading a nut on the bottom of the table and mounting the foregrip to the table top in line with the barrel. it takes care of the angles and you save the hanger.

I've always thought the shapes and contours of a 28 would be a natural when it comes to lamps. I can see three Thompson stocks as a lamp base, joined to the same central receiver. The barrel supports the bulb and lampshade. You can name it, "Ode to Constructive Intent." I have a lot of liberal art friends, who often comment that my display guns would make a good sculptural, political statement. I think they just want me take a welding torch to them.

A rather dumb idea I had was to make a clock out of a drum cover. Expoxy the winding key to the cover with a hole drilled thru the center to allow the clock shaft to pass thru. Take a .45 FMJ bullet and expoxy it in the feed ramp area, and fill the lettering with white paint.

A drum cover and key shouldn't be to expensive to buy. A complete drum would look better but not worth the money just for a wall clock. Plus the hands would probably jam up with the new Kahr drums http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif