Gemtech Oasis Patch Removal

fifthmdec

One of our little helpers at the shop, inadvertently pushed a patch into an Oasis integral suppressor and as we all know, that is a no-no.

Tried to get Gemtech by phone, no answer and email, waiting for a reply. This suppressor seems sealed and it is recommended that it be sent to Gemtech for the removal of the cleaning patch.

Any other options or shops that are equipped for such a task...

Thanks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

I may be late to the party. But I'd try one of the small slender tools made for grabbing computer parts. They make these in various sizes and lengths.

0836479005204_Def_18.jpgc815a773-8dd4-40ba-94c8-e5777a21d768_1.2

Or if you have a music store around or know a musician, grab a thin guitar or violin string. They are rigid enough to poke through a patch and either pull out and force it all the way through to the other side.

Or some running water.

If you can see the patch, some wax on the end of a stick may pick it up.

If all else fails... burn it out. :D Little lighter fluid and a match will get it out.

If it were me, I would try to use the same principal the tow truck man uses when they're pulling a car out of somewhere. Pull it out the same way it went in. If you try to push it the same direction it was already heading, you can make it worse. So back it out the same end of the barrel it was inserted in, if possible.

Edited by giantpune