How to refinish Sterling magazines

I beadblasted mine, then parkerized them. My goal was to protect them and I was not concerned about the finish color. Once you do this, you can paint them black etc, but if you put too much on, you may have to sand them some so they dont stick in the magwell. None of the mags I have ever seen were crinkle coated.

Edited by Sandman1957

I know that WLA had the used, greasy, cruddy Sterling mags acid washed and then refinished by a contractor in Dallas that specialized in metal refinishing.
They came out really nice.
Those are the mags that were sold with the semi-auto guns they built for Century Arms.
APEX has excellent Sterling magazines, in the product pictures you can see the original finish appears to be a type of bluing.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/sterling-34rd-magazine-9mm-excellent.html

Click on the pictures for a close up view.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I know that WLA had the used, greasy, cruddy Sterling mags acid washed and then refinished by a contractor in Dallas that specialized in metal refinishing.

They came out really nice.

Those are the mags that were sold with the semi-auto guns they built for Century Arms.

APEX has excellent Sterling magazines, in the product pictures you can see the original finish appears to be a type of bluing.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/sterling-34rd-magazine-9mm-excellent.html

Click on the pictures for a close up view.

Richard

Richard, Thanks for the reply, I actually did see your excellent condition mags and will probably wind up buying some of them as well (I have a fairly extensive Sterling "habit") but I have a dozen or so that need that kind of attention. Could I get the name of that company in Dallas please?