Need Info On Philly Ord Thompson....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amafrank

amafrank

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MG's of all types. Cannons that can be transported by normal people. Fine firearms of all descriptions.

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:27 AM

The gun is an M1 registered receiver built by Philidelphia Ord. I've seen the dummy receivers Bob built and they are pretty good. I know he made some prior to the 86 law but how do they compare to other " Thompson Replicas" as Art fliegy would put it? Would the price be comparable to the westys or pearl guns.
Thanks for any info.
Frank

#2 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:59 AM

Deja vu all over again? Hmmm this seems to be a pattern....

oops corrected post below....

#3 amafrank

amafrank

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MG's of all types. Cannons that can be transported by normal people. Fine firearms of all descriptions.

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:22 AM

What am I missing here big guy???? I did a search before posting this so I wouldn't just be adding trash to an already full can.....
Frank

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4608 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:10 AM

If it's transferrable................you didn't call me! biggrin.gif I have a standing offer, not more then 10K. wink.gif

#5 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (amafrank @ Dec 2 2005, 02:22 AM)
What am I missing here  big guy???? I did a search before posting this so I wouldn't just be adding trash to an already full can.....
Frank

Sorry amafrank my bad..... I thought it might be the same one that was just discussed but I guess it is an M1A1 made from a semi bolt not from a registered frame...... blink.gif Some of steens verbage confuZed me a bit when he was talking about the reciever on his prospective gun.....

At least I can figure out when I'm wrong unike some on this board. soapbox.gif

#6 amafrank

amafrank

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

Sorry Z3 if I offended. That was not my intent. I hadn't heard anything previously on these.....

I can tell you that this one is not a converted semi....it is a receiver registered by Bob Bowers? at Philidelphia ordnance prior to the 1986 ban on MG manufacture. I know he was a class 2 and I've seen his registered MP40 tubes but never a thompson. Just trying to figure out what the price range should be on this one....
Thanks guys.
Frank