Potential M1 Buy.

Awhile back I got hooked on this board and I got my first Thompson a year ago. It is a 1928 with both British and Dutch proofs. (Pre lend lease and I still can't quite figure it out) I now have located an M1 at a very attractive price. It is an Auto Ordinance serial number SNJ 089xx. Sounds early or bogus. I have not yet seen the gun as it is a bit of a long drive. Since everyone steered my in the right direction last year, thank you all, I was hoping someone could give me some information on this gun. I really think I now need an M1 or M1 A1. Approximately when was it made etc?

I agree with you guys; strange serial number. I didn't think Auto Ord. or Savage started any serial #'s with an "0", or that "NJ" stuff. Am I wrong about that? Maybe it was made in a chop shop in New Jersey! I have a Savage lower on my IMA M1 dummy, 5 digit number, starts with a "3".

MP43, can you get the seller to Email pics and you post 'em here?

When I get mo info I'll let you guys know. I'll go for some pictures as requested and when I get them I'll start a new thread/subject.