C&r Question

applied for a C&R....they cashed the money order on march 3rd...still hadn't heard anything...how long does this usually take? a guy told me he got his a couple weeks after they cashed the money order....i think the ATF took my 30 bucks and run! lol how long should it be? Thanks

I just received mine - took 6 weeks from the time the check was cashed. However I had made around 20 class 3 transfers thru the years - if that makes a difference.

Wolfer,

Mine took less than 30 days! That was in Nov of last year though...

Make sure you include the "Certificate of Compliance". I did with my C&R app, and it went fast. I did not include it with a transfer I am doing, and just got rejected for not having it! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Time to restart the damn clock again....

The "certificate of complaince (citizenship)" is another federal stroke of genius. The Al Queida would never think to faslify such a document because they could get into BIG trouble. Thus we are all safer, so whats a little delay.

A helpful tip: By LAW, the BATFE has 60 days to act on your application. I don't have a citation handy but take a look in the CFR's (regulations) in the "green" book if you have one, or on their web site.

A few years ago when I first applied for my license, I waited and waited and still had nothing on about day 58 or 59. I emailed ATF (they are extremely good about responding to email BTW) and POLITELY inquired as to the status of my app., citing the relevant CFR. They emailed me back saying that it had been approved and I should have my license very soon. Sure enough, it was in the mailbox two days later! Either a heck of a coincidence or else my email helped get things moving a bit!

HTH!

Sam

ok thanks guys....no telling then huh? lol...i called them the otherday and the gave me a number to call.....i'm gonna call them in the next couple days and see if i can find out something....i'm gonna tell them theres a late fee of 10 years or 10 grand or both....lol

Prior to 9/11 my C&R took about 3 weeks...after that, the renewal took 5 weeks...just like the transfers after 9/11...way too long on everything that goes thru government. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I sent mine off on March 1st and have'nt heard nothing but they cashed my check.

I like that lake fee for the goverment 10 years or $10,000.

Joe

QUOTE (Roland @ Headless Thompson Gunner,Apr 16 2004, 04:02 PM)
They cashed my check Feb 25th.  Apr 13th I recieved noticed that I screwed up on the form.  Guess that puts me back at then end of the queue.  doh.

Got my package of Offcial documents on Saturday from the ATF but dont see anything saying "C&R LIcense" Is that sent under seperate cover? Good thing it didnt come or I would have been tempted to pick up the C&R 28 Overstamp I saw at the Dixie Gun show Saturday morning.

Roland, they'll send your FFL in a separate envelope than the books and other forms. If you've already received your packet of books, your license can't be far behind. IIRC, you'll get your FFL from Atlanta, and the books from one of the other BATF locations (I never bothered to look at the return addresses of each envelope.)

I looked at the "certificate of compliance" on the computer, but for the life if me, I can't understand WHO is certifing that I'm a citizen of the US. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

QUOTE (Bill in VA @ May 2 2004, 04:13 PM)
, you'll get your FFL from Atlanta, and the books from one of the other BATF locations (I never bothered to look at the return addresses of each envelope.)

Thanks BIll, For the record the books came from the distribution center in Springfield VA.

It's like my old grandmother used to say: "When the brains were passed out, their plate wasn't full." http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

QUOTE (Roland @ Headless Thompson Gunner,Apr 16 2004, 04:02 PM)
They cashed my check Feb 25th.  Apr 13th I recieved noticed that I screwed up on the form.  Guess that puts me back at then end of the queue.  doh.

Got the C&R today, May 3, thats following my screw up.