Doug Richardson Update

Posted at the request of Doug...

For 10 months now since Madalon died, I have been unable to update my website www.ThompsonSMG.com because the person helping me can not get the changes to publish. Madalon created the website using Frontpage. If anyone knows how to work Frontpage and is willing to help with guidance, please call Doug Richardson at 310-457-6400. People are beginning to wonder if I died because there has been no movement. Not dead yet but vision is virtually gone. Receiver production is continuing although slowly as I am now so dependent on the help I can get. I still have M1 & M1A1 parts sets, 1921 Colt gun and a Mini-UZI gun for sale.
Note: Doug is in Belize now. I do not know if that number transfers there.
FYI The parts sets were posted here previously - he has both M1 and M1A1 kits with many MINT original parts
Bob

Sorry to hear all that. Recall good times at the SAR show in Phoenix many years ago, Alice and I enjoying dinner company with Doug and Madalon, Tino and Lana, Gordon H., Merle B. And Jan & Murray Willis, as well as Ron Egalka.I

Sent a letter to Doug a year ago asking about actuator handles for a couple of his receivers I have I'd his but need the handles to complete them..but no response in that query.

If you get in touch tell him we all wish him the best.

john

Unfortunately Frontpage was discontinued by Microsoft and getting issues resolved is going to be an up hill fight.

I would suggest checking with a small local PC shop if you have one. They probably know someone that can create you a new page in a modern content management system (CMS) for less effort than repairing Frontpage. I would recommend you have your site built using Wordpress. Wordpress is not the most advanced CMS but it is open source(free) and meant for non-technical people to use. Joomla or Drupal are other options, but require more technical support. Do you know who is hosting your site? They may also be able to help. Wish I had time to help, but I have too many other projects right now.

Frontpage was replaced at least ten years ago if not more. At one time I used it for my business website but when it was discontinued I found it easier to have Web.com rebuild and maintain the website.

• 2 weeks later...
If he has Cpanel or equivalent then editing his page(s) is easy peasy, using file manager and the various editors (html etc.) You can also change file/folder permissions (read, write etc). I even think FTP client Filezilla offers same options. Edited by Skittorius

I ran into a similar situation; I had a website built with FrontPage when FrontPage died. I was able to get it working again fairly easily using Dreamweaver. I lost some functions but preserved the content pretty well.