Undependable Delivery

The shipping/mail problems keep getting worse ... I sent a money order to Idaho for ammunition purchased on 1 October by Priority Mail ... It was delivered to the seller on 19 October ... The old pony express of the 19th century delivered a letter from Missouri to California in 10 days, with the record being 7 days, 19 hours to travel 1996 miles ... Progress.

Welcome to the new normal.

I still ship with USPS for business. Everything has been delivered. Once a while I've seen shipments gone wacky (and late). Such as it going to Alaska and next day coming back to get delivered to the Mid-West.

I rarely use First class since it seems like it more like last class. Regular letters I still ship that way, but packages always priority unless I don't mind it showing up between 1 week to 4 weeks.

The shipping/mail problems keep getting worse ... I sent a money order to Idaho for ammunition purchased on 1 October by Priority Mail ... It was delivered to the seller on 19 October ... The old pony express of the 19th century delivered a letter from Missouri to California in 10 days, with the record being 7 days, 19 hours to travel 1996 miles ... Progress.

Welcome to the new normal.

Well, the horses are older now, they don't run as fast.

The USPS is subsidized to the tune of 18 billion a year from the taxpayers. Putting lipstick on a pig still makes it a pig. The government really calls the shots. Don't be fooled by their denial.

The board of governors are appointed by the President of the United States. I kinda see a connection there. Severe that and I will agree with you. Once the government gets out of the way, and they are in the way,maybe the USPS will become a reliable functioning entity, otherwise they cannot care less about how they function.

But the Board does not answer to the President and he can remove members only "for cause." Further the President cannot remove the Postmaster General only the Board can do that. In short the USPS is an independent entity that slurps at the public trough but is not accountable to or controllable by anyone outside of itself.

In a perfect world perhaps, but I am sure a judicious use of knee pads get those appointments. Favor and government loyalty got em there. These are government beholden shills at best. At the very minimum, government hacks.