Possible Drum Purchase

I have a chance to buy a Colt "C" drum mismatch numbers in about 90% condition with a mint Rusco canvas pouch for $3500. Also a Colt "No." unnumbered "L" drum 99% with commercial canvas pouch for $1500. These prices may be negotiable. What do you think of the deal. Thanks for the input as this is a big purchase for me if I proceed. Rob

Rob, I think that the price on the L-drum is reasonable, if indeed 99% condition. However, I also think that the C-drum is a little high, based on mismatched numbers and 90% condition. I think $3,000 would be more reasonable for the C-drum. Regards, Walter

I would like to know what 90% means. I have seen some great 90% items and some crappy 90% items.

If the drum still looks great (forget the %) then the 3,500 is a good price. You may be able to post on the different boards and actually find the matching half.

I would say the condition and reliability is more important than the matching numbers. Plus I have not seen a Colt C Drum for less than $3,000 within the past 2 years.