Sten Mk2 Stock Options

It all depends on what you call original, some were blued/browned, some were parked and some painted in Suncorite. In service Suncorite became the normal protective finish to be applied if required. Barrels were only painted post war when a mid 1940s EMER authorised it. Prior to this they were all, blue/brown, Parked or in the case of some Mk3 barrels, left in the white.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

New here to the board. I have a Sten Mk2 that I was trying to find viable options for a pistol grip stock assembly without having to move the fire control group forward like the Mk5. One day I got bored and decided to see what I could cobble together in a day and cut/welded together a loop stock and a pistol grip.

I'll have to take some newer pictures after grinding and cleaning up the welds and blueing the attachment points, the only pictures I have right now are right after finishing up with the welding.

https://imgur.com/gallery/jdyJw70

After playing around with it at several different positions, it felt more comfortable to flip it and utilize the comb of the stock on the underside, giving it a good angle and height and a nice little pocket behind the pistol grip for your hand....took it to one of the local machine gun shoots recently and surprisingly got quite a few compliments on it.

Edited by Nomad3006

• 4 months later...

I put a MKV walnut stock on my MK2. Give it a bit more weight and I think it makes it easier / more fun to shoot.

I bought this MK V stock for my MK II and it appears to work perfectly:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851060991

Thanks for the suggestion in this post.

Robert

Edited by Robert Henley

• 5 weeks later...