Came Upon A Numrich Arms Catalog From 1973...

They have Kerr NoBuckl slings for $1.75 each, and a circular inside of hot sale items has U.S. Surplus L-drums by various manufacturers for (gasp!!) $17.50!!

But the real kicker are the tin box cleaning kits (original 1921 surplus) with all the brushes, etc intact for a mere $10.00 each!!!

Tons of other great deals (Reisings for $175.00, etc). Pic on the back of catalog of President George Numrich and VP Ira Trast!!

I also have been looking for a J. Curtis Earl catalog and an original Auto=ordnance catalog that I have from the same year.....when I locate them I'll give you all some more to cry about!!

Jeez!

If we only knew!!!

john

I did know, and didn't buy. Those old Numrich catalogs are gems. I still have a copy of the Curtis Earl catalog from early 70's. At that time he had 130+ Thompsons in stock. Ready for some eye-watering prices? 1921's were listed from $3,000. 28-A1's: $1850 and up. M1-A1's: $1250+. Should I go on? OK. Reisings @ $650. American 180 .22 @ $775 (sweeet gun). MP44 @ $2450. Now, bear in mind, some of his prices were high for the day, but he & I always got along. Maybe that's because I never bought anything from him, but he invited me to come down to Phoenix and shoot anytime. I wish I had. As for his pricing, he was in biz to make money, like we all are.

The whereabouts of much of his collection I beleve is unknown, last time I checked.

In 1993 we corresponded, which was to be the last time before he passed. He still had one of the Reisings that were made to look like an MP40 (converted for the series COMBAT! and Rat Patrol). He wanted $1495 for it. If you look close enough on reruns of COMBAT!, you'll see 'em. The giveaway is that the mag and barrel are too short. Pretty ingenious Hollywood stuff there.

Anyway, he was an integral part of the Class III biz when he was around.

As far as those L Drums for $17.50: AAAAARRRGGGGHHH!!! Didn't buy those either. Can my foot reach my rear from here?

Ron

Earl may have been one of the pioneers in the Class III business, but that does not excuse his rather boorish behavior. That rediculous self-aggrandizing article he wrote for Guns & Ammo back in 1973 using a pseudonym, was supposed to be about the "Midas Touch" TSMG , (another example of fluff over substance), but was merely an advertisement for himself. He also manufactured Ist pattern Cutts Compensators and sold them as originals. His catalogs from the 1980's may actually represent what Colt TSMG's are selling for in the current market.

Ira Trast, the president of Numrich since 1974, should have been awarded the Frankenstein Trophy for manufacturing the mongrul 1927 A1 semi version.

The Curtis Earl catalog I have has the remnants of the MGM collection.....many sweet deals on Colts and Bridgeports, as well as accessories. It also had the Midas Thompson for sale for a mere $6,000.00!!

Seems to me I saw that one sell a few years ago at auction for over a hundred grand??

But MGs weren't even legal back then in Minnesota (I should have accessorized!!) and I wasn't old enough to buy them at 16....

Better late than never!

john