Wtt Thompson Parts

I have an M1A1 rear sight with the protective ears and I would like to trade for the Lyman fixed rear sight that is found on the M1. If anyone has one that they are willing to trade even with me I will pay postage both ways. If you have one still attached to the rear receiver section I will give you my rear sight and throw in a few bucks also. If you are interested email me at: corvettephil1958@aol.com

Thanks!

Phil

I have the fixed sight with the protective ears as found on the M1A1's. I am looking to build an M1 Dummy. Yes I do have a 1958 Corvette. It has a 4 speed, 283 with 2 4bbls, and a white soft top. The color is white with silver coves and a red interior. It is not perfect, but I drive it everyday in the summer when it is not raining.

Would you by chance have a non-crossbolt stock for an M1 Thompson?

I would be needing one of those too.

Phil

Phil,Collector Phil,... funny how we travel similar paths...I still have my 59 Vette,white with silver coves and red interior,dual quads,4sp...after 32 years..still goes too fast...I wish could have owned NFA that long,but here we are so many miles down the road,so many bullets down range and have much in common...very interesting to say the least,my .02,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

What is with the corvette thing with you old guys? Mabye I will get that bug in 30 or 40 years. Lord I hope not.

Jr http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

John Jr:

I don't know what it is with Corvettes and old guys because I am not old! I am 30 and have owned my Vette for 5 years now. I will ask my dad what the deal is, he is 53 and owns a 1968 conv. Vette!

PhilOhio:

The way it is going now Thompson prices are catching up to Corvette prices. 5 years ago I paid 19,500 for my 58 Vette. That might get me a 1921 Colt in decent shape today!

The '68 Corvette was initially planned for '67. The '67 (of which I have owned two - both used, no Corvette currently) was "the car that was not supposed to be."

As PO notes, even with a full model year delay, the '68 was a disaster in all respects. I had a '73 that I bought new. I was not the least bit upset when it was stolen about a year and a half after I bought it. Chevrolet had still not completely fixed things. The paint was like it had been applied with a toothbrush and the (manual) trans never worked right.

No plans to ever by another. I must be dense, it took me three to learn.

QUOTE (John Jr @ Apr 8 2004, 08:26 PM)
What is with the corvette thing with you old guys? 
Jr http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

While traing for the Mercury space flights all of the original Astronauts had fast and flashy sports cars(including a few Corvettes).....except one. John Glenn, coincidentaly the only Marine of the group. When asked about his restraint in this sea of tesosterone Glenn replied he didn't need one of these sports cars he thought "were a hedge against the male menopause".

vettes..vettes..vettes....Have you driven a ford latley??? lol i play with ford rangers "the small ones" stuff small blocks and big blocks in them and also stick the bodies on fullsize 4x4 frames....alot more fun than a vette anyday! chevrolet= Cracked Head Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Everytime.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif We use to run a monster truck also...my best friend onwed and operated Equalizer for 13 years and just sold it a couple years ago only to retire and go to work for his father in law running a tractor dealership...."poor guy" we ran with all the brighter lights in monster truck racing like big foot etc..not the fake wrestling based monster jam fake shit you watch on tv these days...won some world champianships etc etc etc etc....not sure if any of guys ever got into watching monster trucks run or not...but a blown alkey injected 2,000 hp 572 BB in a 10,000 pound truck with 66 inch terra tires jumping 20 feet in the air hitting an average of 70+ mph in roughly 500 feet start to finish over stacks of cars is what we call cool....i miss the hell out of running the truck...makes me sick to watch the new owner abuse the truck and let it go down...such a disgrace to years and years of hard work....if you get to see Equalizer run these days remember i'm the guy who welded all the 4-Link brackets on the rearend one hot summer day drinking beer after we broke it at daytona shortly before it was sold...lol...been 2 years now and they hadn't broke lose again yet...i must have finally fixed them right..lol....maybe it was the beer....lol http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif