New Form 4 Sent In 9/20/16

full auto 45

ive got 1 FA thats still a secret. i got another past her a few months ago and told her ''you gave me the ok at the time, you just dont remember''...i took $35k out of our savings just to buy one machine gun....ive spent probably $10k just on ammo...$10k on mags and spare parts kits, uppers, etc

i think she has been very understanding...i always fall back on '''they will be worth more when i sell them''...

im a pretty crappy husband who works hard and wants some toys....its gotta stop!!!

im still wanting a M1 Garand and she just asked for a conceal carry gun for herself

Edited by huggytree

I agree. The whole thing is a mess but hopefully we will be getting past it soon. I find it hilarious that everyone is up in arms over the whole trust issue and caused this huge backlog. Everyone has to submit a Form 1 or Form 4 when something new goes into the Trust? Cry me a river, if you want everyone to play with the stuff then everyone should have to abide by the same rules. I would think that people would be happy that the CLEO signature went away.

In my state obtaining the CLEO signature was not an issue so there was essentially no need for a trust. As a matter of business policy I will not assist a transfer going to a trust.

Not everyone used a trust just to get past the CLEO sign-off. I use a trust so that my wife and kids don't need to worry about becoming felons if they forget to file a form 5 when I die. Also, has all of the estate planning benefits of a trust used for real estate, and other valuables. Also, any of the trustees can play with or possess the assets of the trust, which is handy.

I understand the benefits of a trust when there are multiple people who use it (dad and I have discussed one for years but declined to do so) In many parts of Ohio, normally counties where larger cities are located, getting a CLEO signature was similar to an act of God, so many went the trust route.

I agree. The whole thing is a mess but hopefully we will be getting past it soon. I find it hilarious that everyone is up in arms over the whole trust issue and caused this huge backlog. Everyone has to submit a Form 1 or Form 4 when something new goes into the Trust? Cry me a river, if you want everyone to play with the stuff then everyone should have to abide by the same rules. I would think that people would be happy that the CLEO signature went away.

In my state obtaining the CLEO signature was not an issue so there was essentially no need for a trust. As a matter of business policy I will not assist a transfer going to a trust.

Not everyone used a trust just to get past the CLEO sign-off. I use a trust so that my wife and kids don't need to worry about becoming felons if they forget to file a form 5 when I die. Also, has all of the estate planning benefits of a trust used for real estate, and other valuables. Also, any of the trustees can play with or possess the assets of the trust, which is handy.

a trust has all the benefits...here in WI it makes no difference...still need signoff for handgun caliber subguns.....this way i can add my kids to my trust and make the transfers easy...im assuming my kids will want them?

only pistol caliber guns....dont know how long the law has been there, but it is what it is

i can buy a .50 cal or any rifle caliber w/o their sign off

im in the construction trades....city laws can add on to State construction codes.....i could sue WI, but ive submitted so many now it doesnt matter....i turned in my last one last week, awaiting a signed off copy this week.

WI is a liberal State...until a few years ago that is....hard to over turn machine gun laws....doesnt sound good on the 5 oclock news

my home town has laws against shooting anything except for .22 and shot guns....yet its mostly farm land....an old law that no one has challenged, yet i can drive 1 minute over their city line and blast away full auto at my parents farm

Edited by huggytree

That is crazy! As much as it pains me to say, I'm glad I live in the Free State of Ohio

Here is the break down for my latest transfer-

07/12/16 mailed

07/27/16 pending

05/10/17 approved

05/11/17 mailed

05/15/16 in hand

• 1 month later...

Yesterday marked nine months for me since BATF received my Form 4. The seller called them today and they advised maybe in late August. If so, that would be over 11 months. The seller also told me he called them two months ago and they said they were working on July transfers, and they said the same thing this time.

With this long a wait there is not much of a market for NFA items (can't complete a transfer). Silencer sales have dropped off a cliff, as have their prices.

they will be working on 100,000 july 2016 suppressor transfers for months i suspect....watch the graph go straight up!

ive got 2 Dec 16 form 4's...i dont expect to see them until Jan 2018 or later...i cant wait until the chart starts going down again...the market seems soft right now...i suspect the 12+ month wait is a good chunk of why.......good time for buyers!!!

Edited by huggytree

• 1 month later...

I mailed 9/28/16 on my M1 TSMG. We are in the same boat.

My buddy got a Form 1 back last week...... 354 days.

I just got it back.

From mailing to approval was 10 months 1 day. It took them 9 days after approval until I received it.

310 day round trip

This is my first Form 4 - does it get mailed back to you from ATF or does it get mailed to the dealer?

Once approved, the Form 4 should go to your dealer, who will let you know it has arrived (unless he sits on it for a while which I've had that happen--I use another dealer now) and then the transfer can be completed by filling out the form you complete for a regular non-NFA firearm transfer (ATF Form 4473).

• 1 month later...

I have one received on 9/21/16, so we'll see how they compare time wise to process. Let me know when you receive your approval.

Robert

This one was approved by BATF on 9/15/17, so it took almost one year. A very long wait. Let's hope processing times improve soon.

I just received one for a suppressor filed the second week of February 2016. Approved on 9/25/17. Form 4 for an individual.

I just received one for a suppressor filed the second week of February 2016. Approved on 9/25/17. Form 4 for an individual.

DZelenka, February 2016 to September 2017, 19 months for a Form 4? Or did you mean February 2017 to September 2017?

DZelenka, February 2016 to September 2017, 19 months for a Form 4? Or did you mean February 2017 to September 2017?

LOL. I am so used to typing that they were filed last year that I goofed. I meant 2/17 - 9/17.

Saw this posted on the PA Firearms Owners site this morning:

Call from FFL 10/6 as approved picking it up this week

1. NFA Item: Silencerco Hybrid
2. Transferee Type: Individual
3. Method: Paper
4. Form Mailed: March 28 2017
5. Form Delivery: March 30/31, 2017
6. Card Charged : April 5, 2017

My submission was about a month later with the check cashed on May 6th. Maybe another month or two will do it!

Edited by Devious6

Just saw another one posted:

Person called and was told his Form 4 was approved.

1. NFA Item: Scorpion Evo sbr form 1
4. Form Mailed: May 4th 2017
5. Form Pending: May 8th, 2017
6. Check cashed : May 9th, 2017
7. Approved: October 8th, 2017
8. Received: ?? Soon hopefully.

The dates for my M1SBR are pretty much the same - mailed May 4th, check cashed May 6th. I called a few minutes ago and was told mine was still "Pending."

Just saw another one posted:

Person called and was told his Form 4 was approved.

1. NFA Item: Scorpion Evo sbr form 1

4. Form Mailed: May 4th 2017

5. Form Pending: May 8th, 2017

6. Check cashed : May 9th, 2017

7. Approved: October 8th, 2017

8. Received: ?? Soon hopefully.

The dates for my M1SBR are pretty much the same - mailed May 4th, check cashed May 6th. I called a few minutes ago and was told mine was still "Pending."

Those dates are encouraging. I've got a SBR individual Form 4 that was received by BATF on 5/24/17.