did the ATF just hit the Silencer co mother load?

huggytree

just checked the NFA tracker for the heck of it (mine are 6+ months away yet)

i see they are now into the beginning of July 2016...getting to around July 10th

how long will it sit at July 13th as the chart goes up?

curious how long it will take to fall/drop off

I sent in a form 1 middle of September of 2016. I was hoping to see it come back sometime in the next month or so. At least that's what I was told about 2 months ago when I called. Is this still on track, or does it look to be delayed?

Mister B,

the answer to that is "it depends". I have a form 1 in from Feb 17' that is close to clearing as soon as a couple "problems" are addressed, so I'm expecting to see it in 45 days completed. Not sure if they are still doing some things by state yet? This is to a very unpopulated state. I have form 4's to a dealer clearing soon which will put them at the 6 month mark.

The silencer Co. "mother load" is mostly an internet hoax. While a LOT of forms were filed in a short window by a lot of people before the rule change, it was not all them, and the pickup load photo was a publicity stunt....that apparently worked? The boxes are empty, however it was on facebook I guess, so it must be true?

Mister B,

the answer to that is "it depends". I have a form 1 in from Feb 17' that is close to clearing as soon as a couple "problems" are addressed, so I'm expecting to see it in 45 days completed. Not sure if they are still doing some things by state yet? This is to a very unpopulated state. I have form 4's to a dealer clearing soon which will put them at the 6 month mark.

The silencer Co. "mother load" is mostly an internet hoax. While a LOT of forms were filed in a short window by a lot of people before the rule change, it was not all them, and the pickup load photo was a publicity stunt....that apparently worked? The boxes are empty, however it was on facebook I guess, so it must be true?

That's interesting. If yours was submitted quite a while after mine, and they need you to correct some things, can I draw a somewhat safe conclusion that mine doesn't have any issues, and should come back soon?

The only conclusion you can draw is that it's safe to assume 9-10 months processing time. If it comes back faster, it could be a quirk, luck of the draw (from the piles of forms), or some other unusual way of processing that got yours done a little quicker? You can now think of it as a gestation period, waiting, waiting, waiting, all of a sudden it's here and you find you now don't know what to do with it once it arrives? And soon the ammo bills start piling up!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Start to finish I'm well over a year on everything.

I sold a MG over a year ago and finally got the Transfer TO MY DEALER approved last month. The buyer assumed I was a scammer.

What we need is more gubmint ;)

Edited by lightguy

I just discovered that one email notification of an eForm approval was routed to my SPAM folder!

Strange that the day before that, I got an email notification for a separate eForm that went to my inbox.

Both forms were e-filed 11 July 2016. One was approved and emailed to my inbox on 17 June, the other has an approval date of 18 June (Sunday), and hit my SPAM folder that morning.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point I don't care.

This month.. next month.. next year... it's all the same.

I have enough toys as it is.

Just got a kick back on a SBR conversion filed almost a year ago.

What we need is more government to cure our problems ;)

just looked at the NFA tracker graph today for the first time in a month...HA!!!....straight up....were now at 12 months + add 2-3 months for the form 3 to start with....

i am really curious to see how fast it will drop straight down and back to 3 months....i think after they finish July 16 the drop will be as dramatic as the rise....almost nothing was selling from mid July 2016-Jan 2017...........and lately it seems very little is selling again....prices are almost back at July 2016 levels....

ive got (2) from Jan 2017 waiting....im hoping the drop is dramatic enough to see them by late October...might be dreaming...may still be on July 2016 in October?

Edited by huggytree

• 1 month later...

wondering why the NFA tracker hasnt started to drop off and go down yet?

maybe too soon for the chart to show it? maybe too few buyers to report (my guess)

im hoping they go straight to Jan 2017 this month....there couldnt have been many sales from Mid July forward

wondering why the NFA tracker hasnt started to drop off and go down yet?

maybe too soon for the chart to show it? maybe too few buyers to report (my guess)

im hoping they go straight to Jan 2017 this month....there couldnt have been many sales from Mid July forward

I'd be curious to know why you feel the times will suddenly drop. Do you honestly believe there were few transfers from July onwards? There was already a 6-9montb wait before July. There are several states that allowed suppressors that added to the backlog long before the end of the trust and CLEO requirements.

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

HQ sent out a request for volunteers for a 90 day detail to the NFA Branch to work on the backlog. This and the new barcode venture with the Silencer Shop/Gemtech/Dead Air should get things moving. Fingers crossed.