Form 4 Transfer Time

Stampcollector

Just had a TRUST form 4 come back for a customer today.

Mailed 9/30/16

Approved 9/15/17

Mine was approved 9-12-17

Have you received your stamp yet?

Never mind. I see you received it on the 26th. I am still patiently waiting for my stamp.

Edited by Jay_shy

work was slow today, so i decided to call the atf on my late Dec 2016 form 4....of course its just pending....asked why trusts are taking 12 months while individuals are now 4-6 months ahead and into march 2017.......she said because of having to verify each trust member and the fingerprints....so if you have 10 trust members they need to go through 10 people.....

my question---they didnt have to do this before? because of the fingerprints this has changed things? i dont quite get it....what changed on the trust that is taking 2x longer....trusts are at early Oct 2016and individuals are march 2017.........when you look at the graphs they used to track with each other...now the indivual has dropped like a rock and the trust is a straight line at 350 days (except for a couple of people)

i would think Trusts are going to die off for many...im still using them, but i notice barely a mark after July on NFA Tracker, so most have stopped using them i guess........if someone has 10 people in their trusts thats 10 people to check on vs 1 for individual....i still have to wonder if there is an even longer delay on purpose to discourage the Trust....im filing another one next week and i had to think twice about all the reasons i choose a trust over individual....because i know ill most likely be waiting 9-12 months still....i see no sign of it moving down on NFA tracker, while individual appears down to 6-7 months right now......Trust is still a year...with some reporting 400+ days

Edited by huggytree

some report 400+ days....but id think your very,very close....

with my latest purchase i asked him to tell the details to his wife/kids in case something happens to him...he is a bit older(retired) and you never know....best to have all the details shared with others since its a 1 year wait....stupid to have to think of such things, but its 2.5 months since the 100,000 suppressor trusts went through and the wait for a form 4 trust has not changed at all....so you have to expect at this point that a trust is going to be very lengthy forever

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo!!! After calling this AM and being told my SBR Individual Form 4 was "pending", I got a call on my way home from a very nice woman from ATF to confirm my place/State of birth - we somehow missed putting it on my fingerprint cards. Instead of sending the form back, she called me. I talked to her for a few minutes - very friendly and professional - and she confirmed she was working my Form now and, assuming there were no issues with my background check, it would be approved soon!!

I am sitting at 167 Days from Date of Check Cashing to entering "Processing".

amazing you got the phone call....mine get sent back for silly things they could just do over the phone also....so your lucky and just saved yourself 2 weeks

as for taking 167 days to discover it? odds are it sat in a folder for 166 days untouched