Customs

huggytree

to me it was worth $300....pulled a number out of my butt basically....how do you value something w/o comparables

rare guns, etc ? its worth what someone will pay....ive gotten many deals on rare items...later found i paid 1/3rd what they are worth...so you win some, you lose some...until i see another as nice show up on GB we wont know if i got a bargain or a rip off...i chose my price, not the seller....he jumped at $300 quick though :)

Just got an update on my mags . It was scanned at the next stop . It took USPS 15 days to take it from Grant , AL to Birmingham , AL. That's 130 miles or 8.66666666 miles a day . Wagon trains averaged about 10 .

How far was your package traveling ?

Chris

You have to have the tracking number from the sender . Type USPS into your search engine ( Google or whatever ) and " USPS TRACKING " will pop up as an option . Click on it , type in your tracking number , hit enter , and it should give you a list of all it's scans with location , date and time .

If it was shipped registered , the package was placed into another container with its own tracking number that you cannot know . It travels hand to hand by snail pace and tracked by the unknown tracking . It is only scaned when removed from the container at the destination PO just before delivery and the information is available at that time only .

Chris

If it's comming by boat , it will not be scaned again until it arrives here or maybe even after it passes through customs . I don't do

international .

Chris

PS my package now shows it to be here in Yuma . We can only hope .

Edited by emmagee1917

Were just past 30 days now. 26 days since it disappeared

I have a polish tracking number. Shows 5 entrys. Looks like it left the country on 12-1-18

Not sure if it will show future tracking off a polish tracking number

30 more days before I give up

I have trust in seller. So it will work out one way or the other

Edited by huggytree

FWIW, I looked up the importation laws for high capacity magazines several years ago, and I concluded you couldn't import them without appropriate approval. If I get around to it, just out of curiosity, I'll try and find the US Code again. My conclusion was I'll buy here in the USA and will not have to worry about it. I think there was a post related to this several years ago. It was 40 round Beretta 38 magazines, so if it's not in the Class III section there may be something in the MP38-40 section (before the new section on Italian sub-guns). I'm pretty sure there was some discussion about the high capacity magazine importation laws and citations.

the seller also sells suomi coffin mags regularly...if he is losing a % to customs he must not be making much $$

But doesn't he get his money before he ships? If so, he loses nothing if US Customs decides it does not comply with our Importation Regulations.

I think it has been said here before, but the seller is not responsible for compliance with US Importation Regulations.

Buy what you want. Be prepared to answer for your decisions and actions.

I suspect there's not a lot of attention to small packages coming into the country from Europe, unless a drug sniffing dog smells something, given the tremendous number of small packages coming into the country. So you may get lucky and no one notices. But maybe not.

30-75 days is normal for ground shipping from countries like that. First you have to wait for the container to be filled, then it sits at a dock awaiting a boat, the boat makes several stops on its route toward the US. The polish tracking number will be used in the USPS system once it arrives here and is scanned. There is no tracking once the container leaves the postal facility in the first country until it arrives in the US and is unpacked and scanned. Odds are 99% that it arrives.....eventually to it's final destination. Magazines are fine to import and the top value of 100 is wholesale. Wholesale value of this drum is $5-10 at most.

A Suomi drum is Category I( b ) on the munitions import list. Exemption is $100 wholesale value. Years ago I tried buying magazines from mars tar and they wouldn't send without a F6. Bought a stock from Poland about 7-8 yrs ago, sent dud a F6 to stick in the box, he asked what it was for no one from the US ever gave him one before.

https://www.atf.gov/file/11381/download

No guesses as to the odds of you actually using it or getting a 6A.

Edited by The Lone Ranger

It's always nice when you recheck just about every day and it finally updates again in tracking.

I've had parts from France, Germany, Poland etc, not show up on the tracking again untill it was completely through customs. For the most part other than 2 or 3 out of many items/parts all have shown up fine.

Andrew

Now here's another question... Would it be current market value, or the actual paide price value?

Andrew

Good question. When I form6 items I list my purchase prices since, as an individual, these items are kept by me and not re-sold.