Govt. Shutdown Form 3 Efiles?

Robert Henley

Exactly. Waiting a year in hopes that will wait less than a year is fruitless. Even if transfer time is 3 months by then (it won't be) you are at 15 months the day you submit. The math just doesn't work. :huh:

This isn't a question math can answer (unless the answer was that current wait times are back to normal). It's a psychological mindset. Think about it... If I have a certain amount of money budgeted for this year for a can, but the wait times are annoyingly long due to the silencerco influx and government shutdown, why not take that same money and get something else on my want list, like a nice WWI/WWII S&W m1917 revolver? I can enjoy it this year and not even think about and get annoyed with how long my can is taking. Then next year I budget for a can again and take a look at wait times. If things look normal, I place an order. Everybody is different. This approach would keep me less annoyed. Your mileage may vary. I just wanted to know how times are looking now and what they are looking like they could be. I have my answer

there is no normal anymore...normal is 7-12 months....next year it could be 2 years

i do like the idea of the 1917 revolver though!...if you find a good one and dont want it let me know!

I found a very nice one on GunBroker. There are others available on there Edited by MisterB

Just got word that the e-filed F3 for my Uzi was approved and it's in transit to my SOT. Filed 9 January, approved 11 February so 33 days, a big chunk of which was shutdown. Called BATFE to check on a pending form 4 which was filed at the beginning of Aug and without the shutdown would have been coming through in the next few weeks. They had nothing to offer and could not quote a time frame.

EDIT:

I also asked about transfer times from an individual owner to an SOT and was told that they are the same as individual-to-individual times. This totally contradicts my recent experience that transfers to an SOT run around 2 months. Was the guy I talked to wrong or has something changed? Anyone know?

Edited by StrangeRanger

• 2 weeks later...

My NFA item efiled Form 3 on 12/22/18 and approved 2/20/19--60 days. Aside from the government shutdown, which accomplished absolutely nothing, the model of my item was incorrect in the efile system (although the prior paper forms were all correct), so this had to be corrected. The selling dealer told me BATF input the wrong model in the efile system. I always check the form the item transferred in on, and everything was correct in this instance. Any efile experts know how what gets put in the efile system is correct, just for my future understanding. In other words, how does inputting information into efile system get done and by who?

Robert