Your Opinion On My New Tommy (member From Italy)

Hi guys,

finally I have my Tommy. It's a M1A1 by Auto Ordnance. I can read the following markings: THOMPSON SUBMACHINE GUN - CALIBER .45 M1A1 NO.599196 on the left side of the upper receiver. AUTO ORDNANCE CORPORATION - BRIDGEPORT, CONNECTICUT, U.S.A. on the right side. U.S. PROPERTY behind the rear sight and the Thompson logo in front of it. It has a MR mark (???) on the butt stock (left side near the sling swivel). It was modified to samiauto keeping the full auto selector to accomplish the italian laws on military guns. The barrel should be brand new with a Cutts compensator-like to have a longer barrel (short barrels are not legal for military guns). The magazine has a CO mark (???) but it was cut to ten rounds to be legal (but I'm going to buy a 20 rounds one). Metal parts were refinished according the original finish (unfortunatelly!) but the stock is fully original in excellent conditions.

What do you think of it? Have you additional useful info for my Tommy? Thanks and SEMPER FIDELIS!

the MR is when the gun was reworked at the Mt. Rainier arsenal.

Does it look like this?

http://mikesmachineguns.com/files/A_OC_Corp..JPG

And the MR like this?

http://mikesmachineguns.com/files/M.R._buttstock.JPG

Exactly, even if positioned a little bit lower and less sharp. A question: how is possible to attach pictures to my message like your reply?

Thanks.

amletog--

To post pictures, you put your images on your web page and then use the IMG button shown on this page. You will copy the URL address of your pictures in the appropriate place.

I have these and other pictures posted on my website. You need to have a place to post them and link to. I think www.photobucket.com is a new place mentioned that you can do this.