Finally Replaced My Stolen SLR

nice, I ditched the bipod and carry handle on mine too.

sanded the wood up a little so the edges weren't so sharp and gave it a cherry linseed mix rub down.

Edited by StooperZero

nice, I ditched the bipod and carry handle on mine too.

sanded the wood up a little so the edges weren't so sharp and gave it a cherry linseed mix rub down.

Actually OOW was pretty cool about knocking off a couple of hundred dollars as I already had the bipod and carrying handle from my stolen one ... Deerslayer is making me new wood for this one.

Congrats, glad you have a new one, hope the old one gets back to you in the future. If you have a friendly local gun dealer, ask him to run the serial number for you to see if it comes up as a stolen item. I wonder if it actually got into the system.

Congrats, glad you have a new one, hope the old one gets back to you in the future. If you have a friendly local gun dealer, ask him to run the serial number for you to see if it comes up as a stolen item. I wonder if it actually got into the system.

Thanks ... I wonder if the safe isn't sitting a the bottom of a gravel pit ... There were 24 firearms in the safe and not even one has turned up. Considering that they used a chain and a truck and tore the safe out of the floor, through the door frame, (destroying it) and drug it all over the yard in an attempt to jerk the door open before they loaded it up and took off, it's possible most of what was in it was destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...

My son is a dealer ... He checks on occasion ... I also have law enforcement friends with an ear out on NCIC to see if it turns up

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that it's a good idea to leave the carrying handle off. Those things will rub the finish off the barrel in no time, at the point where they are attached. Besides that, there's no documented evidence that they were used in WW2. (Although the movie "The Longest Day" showed the carrying handle in use. That was one of the movie's technical mistakes.)

The bipod can be attached as needed. It's awkward when mounted on the gun.