Kahr Fbi Hard Case, What A Joke

I recently purchased a Kahr 1927A1 Semi. The rifle actually functions quite well out of the box. I decided to order the FBI replica case for $149. Just got it today. I knew something was amiss when I lifted the box. Much lighter than I expected. Upon examination, this thing is so cheaply made I almost laughed. It is made out of the cheapest ply/pressed wood you can buy. The top and lower portions do not line up well and you have to manipulate it to get it to latch. I had a West Hurley FBI case back in the 80s that was a real piece of furniture. I guess that's what I was expecting when I ordered this one http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Regal : is this the same FBI style case that "Tommy-gunner" sells ?

I was going to purchase one of those but i hesitated because i wanted a replica case that is the shorter length like the originals for my RSBR Kahr '27a1 .

I wont buy it after hearing your experience.

That press board crap comes apart and disintegrates if it gets wet.

Sorry to hear about this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by 1921 Gangsta

QUOTE (1921 Gangsta @ Sep 29 2006, 06:53 PM)
Regal : is this the same FBI style case that "Tommy-gunner" sells ?

I was going to purchase one of those but i hesitated because i wanted a replica case that is the shorter length like the originals for my RSBR Kahr '27a1 .

I wont buy it after hearing your experience.

That press board crap comes apart and disintegrates if it gets wet.

Sorry to hear about this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, it's the one Tommygunner sells. Very flimsy feeling. It looks OK, but that's where it ends. Very poor materials and workmanship. I should have stayed with the plastic and foam case that the gun came in. That one is actually pretty nice for what it is.

I have one of the longer replicas made in Canada that is pretty heavy duty I bought off gunbroker 2 years ago or so but Senor Fox's cases are to put it mildly the BOMB !!

I saw them last Creek but will miss the show this go around- dammit

Greg was working on a wood slim box earlier this year and had it fitted out for the M1 but is doable for the 28- the fore grip being the main hang up- Hoping he can make it as slim and light as good wood permits and still hold a few mags and a drum for my WH28.

Mark

I have two of the Fox cases - a FBI and standard police model and they are excellent and look just like my real early case.

You can't go wrong with a Fox case.

Hey guys,

Here is what Mr. Fox e-mailed me:

"We make replicas of three types of original cases, the FBI, Police and Indiana models.

All are made using the original construction methods and materials where ever possible, including NOS original hardware. The outer black covering is a modern substitute for the original "mock leather" that is no longer available.

There is a picture of our Police model case on the MGB web site in the FAQs section of the Thompson board. Many MGB members have one of the cases.

FBI and Indiana model cases are $589 plus $22 shipping in the lower 48 states. The Police model case is $539 plus $22 shipping or $589 plus shipping with the FBI style leather outer covering.

There is also a "military" style case for the M1928 and MI/MIAI guns. These are $359 plus $22 shipping.

I build these as time permits. Each case is entirely hand crafted and requires an extensive amount of hand labor. The shop has been out of service for several months and everything is in storage. I'm not sure if there are any FBI cases available right now. The few cases I have ready for KCR shoot are pre sold."

Just passing along the info.

I think that Greg Fox made my case. Very nice....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/mbsennett1/Picture598.jpg

Can someone enlighten me as to where the MGB website mentioned above is located?

Gregg didn't mention his wood cases, they were some sort of samples style case a salesman used- that might be the Indiana one for all I know.

I have a well constructed knock off that is the longer version that will hold 2 drums and 4 20rd mags but nothing in it for the cleaning rod or spare parts case like shown int he above pic. I am going to miss KCR this fall but its just as well if he didn't have any to retail at the show as I too would like one of the shorter cases to deck out like the one Norm showed.

Mark

I have to say after looking at the originals and Greg Fox's cases, I would prefer the Fox case. Greg does a absolute perfect job on all his work. The Indiana case, I have a softness for these, looks so much like the original, it is hard to tell the two apart.

If you want a case to show off your goodies and get the "respect" they deserve, get Greg's case. If you want something to sit in the corner and not worry if the cat pisses on it, well get Kahr.

Or spend $2500 and get an original you would be afraid to carry around for fear or damaging it.

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Oct 5 2006, 08:55 PM)
I have to say after looking at the originals and Greg Fox's cases, I would prefer the Fox case. Greg does a absolute perfect job on all his work. The Indiana case, I have a softness for these, looks so much like the original, it is hard to tell the two apart.
If you want a case to show off your goodies and get the "respect" they deserve, get Greg's case. If you want something to sit in the corner and not worry if the cat pisses on it, well get Kahr.
Or spend $2500 and get an original you would be afraid to carry around for fear or damaging it.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/iagree.gif

Full auto 45

Mike. You have such a nice way of putting things. Hope to meet you at Knob Creek, maybe at Gregs table. I was hoping to get one of his cases at the show, but it doesn't sound like he'll have any, but maybe I'll be able to order one.

Railroader

Norm:

I was just looking at the picture of your FBI case. It is a good looking case but it's not one of mine. The construction details and leather accessory straps are different. It may be from RECON Ord.

Thanks for the praise from those of you who have seen or own one of our cases. They do require a lot of time and hand work.

If you are inquiring about or waiting for cases, I appreciate your interest and your patience. Thompson cases have to be made in my spare time (never enough of that). For the past year it's been nearly impossible to work on them with any consistency do to work and a priority "domestic" remodeling project.

The woodshop became the storage repository for remodeling materials and the household items. Little by little, I'm clearing off the machines and beginning to make a few cases. Several of each type are cut out and partially assembled.

Some of the original hardware for the Police and FBI cases is just about gone but should be sufficient to finish what's started and keep a small supply for repairs. Indiana case hardware is holding up OK for now. There is plenty of hardware for the military style cases.

We will be at Knob Creek next week (tables B7-9). Staying at the Gold Vault Inn - hope to see many of you there. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Greg Fox

Greg,

Once your lawyer talks to my lawyer we will get this all straightened out. hahaahahahhahahhaa

dammit girls let the man work we old guys need him!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Check you email from me