USMC Mag Pouch Real or Repro?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2701 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:49 AM

Here is an interesting one i bought last night. The seller on Ebay claims it was in his collection for 30 years. Also, the right 2 snaps are marked "star pull" and the left 3 are blank. I only bought it because it was $35 so it was too cheap under any circumstance to pass up.

Eric

If you asking if it is real, it is.  The maker mark on that one should be inside the rear sewn on portion on the back where it slides on a belt.  Hard to see but if you hold it right you can make it out.

#22 Normal1959

Normal1959

• Board Benefactor
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Guns, collecting and playing poker.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:23 AM

Here is an interesting one i bought last night. The seller on Ebay claims it was in his collection for 30 years. Also, the right 2 snaps are marked "star pull" and the left 3 are blank. I only bought it because it was $35 so it was too cheap under any circumstance to pass up.

Eric

If you asking if it is real, it is.  The maker mark on that one should be inside the rear sewn on portion on the back where it slides on a belt.  Hard to see but if you hold it right you can make it out.

I wondered where the maker mark was. I will check it out when I get it. Just bought it last night.

Eric

#23 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2701 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:07 AM

Eric

I wondered where the maker mark was. I will check it out when I get it. Just bought it last night.

Eric

The most common manufacturer that I have seen for that type of two-tone type of magazine pouch is Hoosier T. & C. G. Co.  There is also another but I can't remember if it is Airtress Midland or American Awning Company.

Just checked the FAQ section of this Board and found the other manufacturer I was thinking of, it is American Leather Products.

Attached File  AmLeatherProdXX-3_Web.jpg   49.58K   3 downloads        Attached File  Hoosier.jpg   91.8K   3 downloads

Your pouch should be dated 1942.

Edited by gijive, 17 May 2019 - 08:18 AM.