MP 40 on GB for sale

I emailed him too a few days ago asking for better pics of the finish and possible bring back history...no reply. The seller has over 1800 a+ reviews but not replying to an info request after several days doesnt give me a comfy feeling about sending him $$$ Edited by Petroleum 1

its vacation season....ive had lots of people be gone for a week lately...gone to Mexico,Florida, etc......so that could explain it

for $20+ i think you are all nutty to even think about this gun...its 1/2 rust....i wouldnt give you $14k for it......my POS for $11750 was much nicer

if it looks this bad outside you can guarantee its loose as hell...its a gun that was not treated well

sorry guys....dont see what you can possibly see in this one....for $20+ id want a damn nice gun....

i would have sold you my POS mp40 for $19,000 if i hadnt sent it off to be redone....had 1/20th the rust this one has....

Edited by huggytree

Huggy...first of all if the seller posts an add online asking $20k or more you need to be responsible and answer a simple email timely i dont care where you are. Thats why they make smart phones. Second that is patina not rust i am sure of it ;-) Edited by Petroleum 1

define Patina?

its not corrosion.....what is it?

orange and brown are what i see....

trying to think of what other items have patina? a few things on antique road show i guess

it comes down to each his own...id prefer a beautiful original finish...my thompson has it...no patina...just a little wear and lighter finish

im just curious how mp40's seemed to have jumped $5k in 3-4 months.......5 months ago a all matching/original finish gun wouldnt sell on GB for $19,500...took 3-4 go arounds to finally sell it....it was not rusty, but had no finish left....now were down to rusty guns for $20-24k

ive been shocked by what ive seen sell (price wise) since around the time i got mine.....its not all that rare of a gun....market has a new one 3-4x a month (or it did until i stopped keeping track of them)....

guess im lucky that i got in before the $5k price hike

Looks like a Ukraine dug up P.O.H.S.wow six pics with was that a sling. looks like he took it out of basement box dirt storage threw it on floor and snapped away.When has it seen oil? I could see that shipping real good thrown in oversize box with mag flung in bouncing all the way with nothing else inside all the way home.

what a jewel!!!

Colt21a

Looks like a Ukraine dug up P.O.H.S.wow six pics with was that a sling. looks like he took it out of basement box dirt storage threw it on floor and snapped away.When has it seen oil? I could see that shipping real good thrown in oversize box with mag flung in bouncing all the way with nothing else inside all the way home.

Geez Ron what do you expect for $20k plus and no return emails for questions??

what a jewel!!!

Colt21a