M1a1 Opinion

It's not sold but it's "On Sale". It's very high in my opinion. I won't give more that $11,000 for it. And if the papers say 1969...............I'd have to check in on that one. I found a early 1942 M1 w/nickle bolt, no cross bolt stock and in minty condition for $12,500. But unless he comes down about $1500, I'll wait for the other 2 at $9500 to come in.

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Feb 3 2004, 09:45 PM)
It's not sold but it's "On Sale". It's very high in my opinion. I won't give more that $11,000 for it. And if the papers say 1969...............I'd have to check in on that one. I found a early 1942 M1 w/nickle bolt, no cross bolt stock and in minty condition for $12,500. But unless he comes down about $1500, I'll wait for the other 2 at $9500 to come in.

Any ideas where I might find a decent M1 or M1A1 for under $10K? Want it for the collection but want one that's not so good I'd ruin it's value by shooting it. I like to teach folks at the range by shooting. Best places to look?

thanks,

phs

Liberaror,..there is no such thing,.. shootem` if you got`em, every Tmsg was made to shoot,..hell, even the Midas was roadtested by a previous owner,..the point is.. they are all valuable but not so priceless that they can`t be shot... just my .02.out.

QUOTE (21 smoker @ Feb 4 2004, 12:14 PM)
Liberaror,..there is no such thing,.. shootem` if you got`em, every Tmsg was made to shoot,..hell, even the Midas was roadtested by a previous owner,..the point is.. they are all valuable but not so priceless that they can`t be shot... just my .02.out.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not the "hang it on the wall and hold with with gloved hands" type anyway. Figure I just gotta find one that's a decent deal and go for it. They're not getting any cheaper and they're sure not making any more.

Even though the amnesty was only for 30 days, ATFD kept processing them into 1969 until the backlog was cleared through. ATFD is the Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms Division of the IRS.