1921 Colts Market

There are many machine guns sold that never reach the marketplace. With Thompson guns, joining and attending one or both of the Thompson Associations will put you in touch with many members who often know of these sales. Many of us on this forum see each other once or twice a year at these private meetings. These events are so much fun! If you make it known that you are looking for a particular variation, members will take notice and reach out to you should they learn someone is going to sell something from their collection. And range time is always a blast!

• Upvote 1

As TD mentioned earlier, attend a Thompson Show and Shoot. There is one this weekend (Thopson Collectors Association, near New Philadelphia, OH)... and I will have two Colt Thompsons there, available for purchase.

What exactly are you looking for?

Edited by giantpanda4

Although I'm not looking at present, the market *had* gotten better for 21's, it seemed, after a number

of PD guns came on the market in the past few years (that is, better in the sense of more of these guns

for sale / more options for buyers).

I was able to find "my" 1921 by posting a "WTB" message on the forum -

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23942&hl=

I agree that going to one of the Thompson Association meetings would likely be productive, although that

may or may not be an option depending on time/schedule constraints.

Best of luck,

SM

I know of two for sale. Word of mouth advertising only.

Most non-dealers dont want to deal with a bunch of stupid questions from tire kickers...

Can't tell you how many time I hang up after almost an hour on the phone with someone inquiring about my 28 for sale and my wife can tell by the look on my face that I just spent an hour with someone who was lonely and just wanted someone to talk to.

Thanks for the responses. I like when a gun comes up and a discussion is started about that particular gun. I am in the market but feel November needs to pass first. I also would like to to sell a 1928AC Tompson first.