Wanna Bit@h About High Prices?

http://www.pixhost.com/pixg/gotvett/1aspitfirenew-c.jpg

Waffen, It already is, M3A1 bolt. The first year I put it in My shooting "buddies" were calling it a GreaseFire! One problem with that is during the 2003 fall Knob Creek Subgun Match, One guy screams out "Go GreaseFire!" while I was shooting the match and doing well. But the RO's heard "Cease Fire" Which confused them and offrered me a reshoot. Well I took it and shaved 11 seconds off my first run!

It Must still be a grey area Phil

I bought two firearms at gunshows years ago and the other Spitfire on the web not too long ago. But then I Just made a deal for some Spitfire parts basically everything but the frame. Which the guy said was cut up in small peices. Sometime I guess it depends who you talk to nd what they heard.

I have been seeing one of these at gun shows for a few months now. I believe they were asking $350 (maybe $450??). Sound about right?

I also found out that the "comp" that they used is just a set-screw on cast aluminum piece that slides over the barrel. I actually have one - and don't need it, but at least now I know what it was from!

Yes Phil,

I dropped in the Greasegun bolt with NO modification to the Spitfire. Other than removing the Spitfire bolt and a tube they call the Front Bolt Stop. It stops the bolt from bashing in the face of the chamber. It is very "Thompson" like it that manner, that being the long neck of the bolt. The Greasegun bolt face is like a mirror image of the chamber face. No stop needed two flat surfaces. The Spitfire has two notches where it can catch the sear, one at the center of the bolt the other in the shoulder of the bolt. The instructions say to cock the bolt to the second notch "shoulder." This brings the bolt back to its furthest point and strongest spring tension. With strong springs the first position will fire a round but sometimes it will not strip a round off a full mag. The Greasegun engages the sear at the first position so there is some concern as to it stripping a round from a full mag. It has done this with a couple of my mags. So I have those marked and do not load them completely.

I guess should address spring strength and length soon!

The allen head screws are a factory. Mounted at the 2, 10 and 6 o'clock positions. They also use them to mount the butt stock and hold in the rear plate.

Actually advertised as 16 & 1/2 inch barrel FOR LONG RANGE ACCURACY!

Along with: " LIFETIME GUARANTEE" Not Bad for $119.95 I think the first to offer this! Or did Sears beat them to it!

Shooting in competition I like the slower rate of fire, to allow single shots when needed. Firing .45 in Full Auto mode is difficult enough to get a double or a triple tap on target at the 600 RPM that it does now. Guess I need to work on my triceps. A higher rate would only cost me more money in bullets. Any way it still makes heads turn at the indoor range when I load a 30 round mag and dump it in 3 seconds. Usually the whole range stops and you see heads pop out and in and back out of the booths like prairie dogs. Then they wander over to see what did that. One time I did that and a guy goes into to the Range counter and told the guy to call the cops, Because he thought machineguns were illegal. I have been shooting there for years and Since they rented subguns to shoot they set him straight. It is also fun to do it when the are law enforcement there. Another time (LOL) two DEA agents were practicing their pistol shooting, when I let loose. Only one guy came over to have a look and the other guy stayed back till he got the "nod" ok.

The Spitfire designer William Ordner ( patent number 3246566 ) sure did take a few liberties with the Greasegun! I'd like to thank him for that!

Sorry I have a hard time using yes and no answers when it comes to the Spitfire. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Edited by spitfiresubgun

spitfiresubgun,

Quite interesting! Thanks for all the info.

I'm sure we have all come across these in one form or another and not taken the time to really get to know them or their history.

Thanks again,

Zamm

Your Welcome Zamm , Phil

Yes, I just recently found that book And it shook my whole world up to find out that the Spitfire was made second! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

They weren't worth much for the longest time. I know the Assault Weapon Ban helped in some way to increase it's value. I hope by showing you all that can be a reliable subgun in competition, And I have helped it's reputation and value increase also. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif he says while patting himself on the back.