Smith and Wesson Catalog Historical Resource

As most folks on this forum know, I have a keen interest in the paper items associated with firearms. I'm trying to find a date of publication for a 1930's era Smith and Wesson catalog that I have in my inventory, and was surprised that no resources seem to exist for the information. I checked my Jinks book, and my Supica book, and neither have much information about the paper items. Does anyone know of a resource that I might not be aware of?

Ebay was the best resource I looked at, and a few were shown on the S&W Forum, but I was surprised that no one seems to have documented the S&W catalogs through the years...Might be something I eventually attempt in this forum...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 1 month later...

Roy Jinks examined the manual I had in my inventory while I was at an ASAC meeting in Buffalo in September, and dated it to 1919, so I was off several years in my estimate. I ended up trading it at that show to a very accomplished S&W collector.

I've been collecting photos of S&W catalogs, and plan to post them here for reference when I get more. Right now I have 51 different examples, but am looking for more early examples. The early examples I have photos of are from 1900, 1919, 1925, and 1931, and then I skip to 1966, and have examples from most years after that. If anyone has examples of the earlier manuals, please send me photos, and I will include them with your name credited, or you can just add them to this post.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com