Colt Butt Stocks

http://images.andale.com/f2/126/125/4386526/1060717022867_21stocks.jpg

Here is something for you Colt owners to look at and perhaps comment about.

I was making a butt stock a couple weeks ago and the customer sent me his original colt butt stock to copy (much better than tracings and a few pictures). Anyway, I noticed it wasn't straight.

The pictures a little grainy, but as you can see in the lower left picture, the slide attachment bolts don't line up straight with the butt plate (nor does the slide). I made the new stock to look the same and I didn't give it too much thought that if it was not accidentally made straight, then it should have been made with the bend the other way. When I make a shotgun stock, I like to give it a little cast off at the toe also. Fits your shoulder pocket just a little better

The way it was made gives the stock a little Cast on. A normal right handed shooter will have a better stock fit with a little cast off.

I went and looked at pictures I took of another colt stock I had and it was also the same, bent to the same side and what appears to be the same amount.

I'd appreciate a couple comments if any of you have an original colt stock, look and see how it lines up.

If the gun is held pointing straight away from you in a normal upright firing position, I refer to cost off meaning the butt stock was bent to the right at the heel of the butt plate.

Thanks

Dan