Tsmg Parts For Sale At Lowe's Hardware!

One of the little problem parts to try and find when doing restorations are the little 3/4" felt cushion pads that fit in the buttstock and cushion the oil bottles. They are a hit-or-miss proposition, sometimes they can be found easily, as with the recent IMA lot, and sometimes you go years without seeing any in new condition.

For those of you who would like to slip the oil bottle inside your stock until you find a NOS one, or for those who don't care about absolute originality and just want a functional item, I have discovered and off-the-shelf item at Lowe's hardware stores that is nearly identical in useful aspects to the original.

'Soft TOUCH' by Waxman brand "Heavy Duty Felt Pads", item number 7185. These are a package of 16 3/4" diam. x 1/4" thickness round felt pads with a slef adhesive backing. You can "laminate" two of these together by sticking the adhesive backings togther, or simply peel off the adhesive and stack them in the buttwell as desired.

Cost: $1.19/pack.

Absolutely my Friend, I will! Looking forward to seeing you again. I've got new MG-42 this year.......I'll PM you tommorow.

-TH http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif